Santa Rosa, NM -- Points of Interest...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SantaRosaNM-TOPO.JPG

• A - Rock Lake
  • B - Post Lake
  • C - Unknown - May just be a shadow of a hill.
  • D - Bass Lake Springs
  • E - Perch Lake
  • F - Twin Lake
  • G - Hidden Lake
  • H - Blue Hole

I'm just trying to figure out what the name of some of these watering holes are and possibly some information about the diving environment. I'm sure that somebody has been in some of these springs before, but there isn't a whole lot of information about the sites other than the Blue Hole, Perch Lake, and Rock Lake.

Anybody want to see if we can get permission to get into some of these holes? :)

Has anybody dove in Santa Rosa Lake State Park?

Cool Map James!

I can't offer any information. Maybe we can contact Rickard D. in Santa Rosa, and ask?

I'm in if folks are going to try and vary our Santa Rosa diving experience! :D Let's just make sure that it's not 32F, with 200mph winds, and no shelter! :rofl3:

I have gone by the sites near Perch, and they look to be on private land.

Santa Rosa Lake is very busy in the Summer with boat traffic, so we would need to make sure we have our junk together.

SantaRosaNM-TOPO.JPG

• A - Rock Lake
  • B - Swan Lake
  • C - Unknown - May just be a shadow of a hill.
  • D - Bass Lake Springs
  • E - Perch Lake
  • F - Twin Lake
  • G - Hidden Lake
  • H - Blue Hole

Kevin informed me that what I thought was Post Lake is actually Swan Lake. :)

I believe that Hidden and Twin Lake are on private property. I'm not sure exactly who owns the property, but I'm sure that we can find out.

Swan and Rock Lake are part of the Agua Negra Ranch, thus Debra Ladyhawk would be the owner. I am working on a new contact lead that I acquired to see about getting permission to dive on the property.

Bass Lake Spring may also be part of the Agua Negra ranch. I'm not sure though. :)

Another useful tool is topozone.

According to this view, it appears that B is Post, and Swan is just South of the photo you posted. You are right, C is just a shadow.
TopoZone - USGS Santa Rosa (NM) Topo Map

This view is centered on Perch:
TopoZone - Perch Lake, USGS Santa Rosa (NM) Topo Map

And here’s Blue Hole, Park, and some others like Tres Lagunas.
TopoZone - USGS Santa Rosa (NM) Topo Map

Topozone is an easy site to navigate. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom