San Pedro Lodging Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After much flip flopping, my wife and I have settled on San Pedro for a short 4 day trip (4 days on site, two additional days for travel) that I am currently booking (flights are all booked: 3/25 - 3/30).

We'll like dinner and strolling in San Pedro center, but we crash early and MUCH appreciate a quiet hotel. We'd also like something ocean front AND with a legitimate beach for sunning and hanging out between snorkeling and swimming dips.

It seems like something north of town might be best for us. Right now, Blue Tang seems to be fully booked (but I will to confirm this). Are there any similarly nice options north of town?

Also, how do we arrange for the trip to San Pedro after arriving in Belize City? Do we need to do this in advance, or just make our way to the dock and take a ferry? How often do the ferry's run?

If staying in the north, is Reef Adventures the way to go for a DO?

Thank you!

Last edited:
There are two ways to get to the San Pedro, you can take the ferry or take Tropic air from the airport. I have never taken the ferry, only tropic air. I think it's about $75 each way and the ferry if I remember correctly is a 1/3 of that. I would check on the internet for pricing.

I stayed at Victoria house, while it is very nice, it is also very pricey. Right now myself I am looking for a cheaper alternative of renting a condo.

When I dove we used Island Diver's w/ Rudy. They came highly recommended by this board. There is also another group called Emigos Del Mar that also got good reviews.

Thanks! I've looked up the ferry and flight schedules. We arrive at the int'l airport at 3:30 pm and the last ferry seems to be at 4:30 pm. Can we make it?

You could also stay in Paradise Villas which is in the same area. It's a set of self-catering apartments. There are plenty of markets and restaurants nearby. In terms of the beach, it shares the same general beach area with the Blue Tang Inn. I've stayed in both and they are both fine. Here's a link:

Paradise Villas Belize

Thanks! I've looked up the ferry and flight schedules. We arrive at the int'l airport at 3:30 pm and the last ferry seems to be at 4:30 pm. Can we make it?

Probably, but you would be cutting it close, too close in my opinion.

It will take about twenty minutes, maybe longer, to get your bags and clear customs.

BZ City's about a twenty minute cab ride from the airport. If it's the ferry I'm thinking of, you catch it near the Supreme Court Building so you'd have to make your way through the city center during a very busy time of the day.

Too many variables. The flight runs late. A delay picking up the bags. The cab could break down. Etc.

Tropic or Maya Airlines is the way to go. More money but a lot less stress and the view from the air is way cool.

The Tropic Air flight is the way to go with the small airport in the town center. I stayed at Xanadu on the beach and loved the hotel and location - quiet and yet you can walk to countless bars and restaurants and it has its own pier for dive boat pick ups. I have stayed at the Victoria Hotel too and it is luxurious but more expensive and not as laid backs.

This is the ferry service that I referenced above.

IMG_0599.jpg

Back
Top Bottom