San Marcos River Cleanup....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between the springs and the next damn where I expect the cleanup will be focused (less than 1 mile), You might find a few holes hitting 10 +/- feet, a fair amount of 5 to 8 ft water, and a couple areas where you have to work to find 3 ft. I have found a little crawling necessary at times. Current in that area is mostly 1 to 2 knots, slower in pool bottoms. Nothing you can't swim against for a short time. I carry a 2 ft stake that I use to hold position with minimal effort. Temp is 68 to 70 degrees year around. 3mm is usually OK but 5 is great for multi dive or if cold blooded. My wife wears a 5 and still gets cold toward the end of an hour+ dive. Vis is normally quite good (15 to 30 ft) but divers digging around in the bottom can bring that down to 5 ft in areas.

The wife told my dentist yesterday. If I don't find that thing, he's probably going to have to have another office party.

So, That Means two Swampers are gonna attend...does that mean that a chance of me becomeing a "true swamper" may happen...
(refering to the statement "To become a Swamper, all you have to do is come hang out and dive with us. - by Dee... just ignoring the rest about the beer and identification of snakes.. and etc... and the fact that was meant for Diver Kat...)

Hehe
:D

I think we can postpone the snake ID for a few more months. With the weather we've been having, I doubt we could find you a snake to identify! We'll wait until this summer to complete your initiation....you'll just be on parol until then :eek:ut:

Dee once bubbled...
We'll wait until this summer to complete your initiation....you'll just be on parol until then :eek:ut:

Do you mean "probation"??

We're going, got a team of 8 divers. Shoe krewe, we win most shoes every year. rest of you guys are welcome to try for any of the other trophys. Its a big party! See you there. tony

ScubaTexan once bubbled...

Do you mean "probation"??

Yeah...that's what I meant!

See what living with a cop will do to ya! :rofL:

So What does diving parole consist of..-
-No diving outside of 50 mile radius unless otherwise approved
emercency function?
-Am I forced to wear ankle weights for the next 12 months (refering to the ankle tracking device)
-Or is it as strict as if I am caught diving within the next XXmonths I am going to have my C-card taken away and my Gear impounded?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom