San Marcos River Cleanup....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's different than Trashfest but it works the same way. I haven't seen any advertising for it at all around Houston. Sounds like alot of fun!

Honestly the only way I heard about it my instructor (who works at the dive shop) said We can go and count it as one of our dives.....

I know the river needs to be cleaned... while doing a drift dive last wed. i realized how bad it is.. beer cans, a little toy kids car ( I Found that.. and could just imagine hte litte boys face who lost it....), nasty who knows what trash, a snorkel was found.... etc etc....

Squinty ... sounds like fun - we did the Lake Travis clean-up last September as our first dive after certification. Ended up helping one of the DM's whose tank came loose at depth. I look forward to being a bit better at finding stuff this year!! Maybe we make it to this .... we'll let you know if we can!! Thanks for the info!!

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or over in the dumbest things thread. But if anybody happens to find a single false tooth between the two RR bridges, I know the dummy that lost it. A rescue and PM would be much appreciated.

It almost hurts to admit to knowing someone that stupid.

well that could easily take the most unusual item prize!!!:D

Diver Kat once bubbled...
well that could easily take the most unusual item prize!!!:D

Yeah. I, I mean he, figured it would get some special attention.

To better umm AID the search and Rescue of this friends Tooth..
So we will call him "Anon"...

How did "Anon" Loose the tooth does it involve smacking into the railroad bridge supports...

I mean I need the most information....

:confused: How long ago did you..:rolleyes:..re friend loose said tooth....
:confused: Where abouts inbetween the RR bridge.....

ETC. ETC.

:D

It was last wednesday, right about midway between the two RR bridges, to the south center of the channel. Normally doesn't dive with false teeth in place but 'forgot'. Removed reg from mouth to communicate with buddy. Reg has a seacure mouthpiece that was made without the tooth in place so it probably grabbed the tooth and pulled it out. Bottom was mix of clear spots and fairly thin weeds. Wasn't noticed as missing until end of dive at the cement wall above the footbridge.

I'll probably take a look for it during the week next week.

Thanks.

I would have LOVED to have heard his explanation to the dentist! LOL :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom