San Marcos River Clean-Up April 12, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would very much LOVE to dive in the river. I will try my best to see if I can make it out to this event. It is right around the time I come back from my cruise. Saying that, there is a chance I may be wanting to relax instead of go diving. WHAT AM I SAYING? I'm always in the mood to dive (unless sick). I will see what I can do to assist in the cleanup.

Cheers.

Just got it confirmed that a permit from USFWS is required to remove any plants from the San Marcos River. For now we need to keep the cleanup limited to man made items.

Would that be the San Marcos River Pub by the Rio Vista Dam?????
The River Pub is advertising one I believe, sometime this month. The one I'm talking about will be on April 12th. It is the First Annual Wine Cellar and J's Bistro Crawfish Boil. At the corner of LBJ and Hopkins.

Hey, I will be there. But does anyone know if it is sponsored? I did this dive about 4 years ago and it was a blast. "Dive San Marcos" had a bunch of door prizes and stuff...is anything like that happening this year? and what about the free lunch?

Dibble from the Dive Shop is not involved anymore. This event on April 12th is put on by the Parks and Recreation Department of the City. Last year they had breakfast tacos in the morning and BB-Q for lunch. The girls at Parks and Rec did have some giveaway stuff but nothing extravagant. (they had calendars from DAN, Hats from PADI and Trident, little stuff like that) I think they were going to start earlier with trying to get more and better stuff from sponsors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom