Salvo 21w w/ acrylic lid Q...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...considering the purchase a refurbished Salvo 13.5 amp/21 watt, assembled with an acrylic lid (rather than the derlin lid available on new units). Is an acrylic lid significatly less durable than the derlin lid? The refurbished light is being offered at what seems to be a very reasonable price, however, I wouldn't hesitate to spend more if a new light w/ derlin lid was the superior choice. Thanks...

Well, the Delrin lid has the "dry lid" feature which will protect the battery/canister from water intrusion resulting from the light cord/switch boot being damaged or cut. Apart from that, from my experience, the acrylic lid has worked perfectly well for me. With the acrylic lid, one can also check whether the battery has been connected to the lid assembly without having to open up the canister...

Thanks for the feedback. In the end, I decided to go with the 10.4 Amp Li-Ion/21 Watt Remote can. Although the refurbished lights being offered on Salvo's website are very reasonably priced, the remote head (and dry lid feature) swayed my decision. I was really on the fence with NiMH versus Li-Ion but after researching this for the past few days, I was comfortable opting for the latter...Li-Ion.

Thanks again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom