Salvaging E/O connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
The E/O connectors on my suit heater are a pain. Currently, I have enough corrosion in the female receptacle on the canister side that it appears I am not getting a complete circuit, so I'm out of heat. I can't figure out how to clean it. A bath in the ultrasonic cleaner has done nothing, and I've tried scraping the inside with a dental tool. Anybody have any great tips?

The E/O connectors on my suit heater are a pain. Currently, I have enough corrosion in the female receptacle on the canister side that it appears I am not getting a complete circuit, so I'm out of heat. I can't figure out how to clean it. A bath in the ultrasonic cleaner has done nothing, and I've tried scraping the inside with a dental tool. Anybody have any great tips?

When EO connector is new it gold plated . During time this layer is destroyed and brass core is attacked by salt water what means corrosion.

Also EO male (also female pin is thiner - female hole wider ) what looses contact also destroys connectors by arching inside .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution is cleaning contact with very soft abrasives ( like tooth paste which include alumina powder ( i have it in lab for polishing metallurgic samples) ) and soft cloth and then galvanize with gold ( that made perfect conductive and corrosion resistant layer and also made pin thicker )

It is not so complicated as it sounds look at Google for procedure . You can use tank battery to do that . Better and stronger is electroplating then chemical plating ( without electric just by ion exchange inside solution )

EPDM rubber is resistant on chemicals , but you can protect it with thin layer of silicone grease . ( metall pin must stay clean ! )

hoply helps ;-))

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom