E/O connector wiring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phasechange

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some help from someone who has an battery pack with an E/O cable. I am putting together a drysuit heating system and want to make sure I wire it up so I could swap it with other packs.

Is this correct:

From the battery side- the male pin should we wired to the battery negative and the female to the positive

On the suit connector – the male pin should be wired to the positive and the female to the negative

Over the years since 1999 I've made a couple of hundred Divelights with Welch Allyn HID Bulbs, now since Welch Allyn got out of the HID business and LED Lights have gotten to the point where they outclass HID Bulbs, I only make a couple of cables a year for friends and old customers.
A German company, Thor Engineering, started to make better E/O Cords last year that appear to have solved some of the traditional E/O Cord failure points (at least they survive sharp bends much better than the Carol cable that has been the standard for US made E/O Cords for at least the last 20 years). Here is a link for the cords, (in German):
Thor Engineering - Die Primärlampe
Since I know how to treat E/O cords I haven't yet had a need to try out the THOR cords.

Michael

BTW, the THOR is a very good lamp. But I'm still delighted with my Northern Light Scuba 40W Superspot and believe it to be a tad brighter than the THOR with a slightly tighter focus.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom