Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I noticed it was closed too. Steve Nichols mentioned the other night at the meet-n-greet that Sheeps Crossing is closed after Labor Day and that the river would be a bit lower now until spring.

I scouted the other side of the bridge. The parking area on the left (North side of the road)was called, oddly enough, Blue Point. The river seemed kind of shallow there. The south side of the road was marked Pebble Beach (heavy on the pebble, light on the beach) and it would be quite a hike to dive there but the river seemed a bit deeper and there was a cool looking wall on the far side. I didn't make it to the far side of the parking area at Pebble Beach. The river might be closer there.

I also back-tracked to where the tubers put in. That might be a good place to try out. I really want to get back to Pleasant next weekend so it will be a couple of weeks before I do the river again.

Steve.

Hey guys its Harley, well I can never remember north, south , east ,west thing unless I'm standing at the place I'm speaking of with a compass or gps in my hand lol, but I have dove over by the bridge. It was great lots of stuff to find (yes even more than sheeps crossing) and we even found 30ft, I will do my best to give directions and what have you.. Well if you are driving towards the Lake from lets say Sheeps Crossing after you pass over the bridge there is a parking lot on the right hand side right next to where the bus full of tubers would stop, once in this parking we parked as close to the bridge side as possible (might be shorter walk to park midway but rockier) well its about a 50m walk give or take and your at the rivers edge.. We entered pretty much right under the bridge and started to swim up stream towards the rapids... Well thats all I have if anyone is up for checking it out this sat or sunday hit me up, the wife might let me out since i have been sick and couldn't dive for since labor day weekend...

Hey everyone, well my Dr. has cleared me to dive again and the wife said I can dive on both saturday and sunday this weekend but I need at least one buddy more is always welcome... I live in Tempe and was thinking about getting an early morning dive in at the river around 7am'ish on saturday then I wanting to get out to pleasant on sunday around the same time, also if anyone is interested since the weather is getting bareable I was also thinking of maybe camping out at pleasant on saturday night to get in a night dive and wake up early and dive the morning.. so if anyone is up for any of this let me know...

Hit the river today with the boys.
Had a good excuse. My B-day. The wife let me get away from the rat race and go diving on a moments notice. Viz 15+++. A ton of fish. River hardly running at all so no current. Max depth was 18 to 20. Great day.

Where on the river were you diving?

Can you go diving this Saturday? Either the river or the lake.

Steve.

Steve, I am planning on diving this saturday the 1st of November. ScubaholicEd has emailed me about going to the river that day. I think a few people might go. I will dive anywhere though this Saturday but the river is closer to me. As long as I get to dive :D

If anyone else is interested then post something or reply in this thread and we'll get something planned.

-Josh

River dive sounds good! I have air, have glasses, I'm ready this time! :)

c.

Steve, I am planning on diving this saturday the 1st of November. ScubaholicEd has emailed me about going to the river that day. I think a few people might go. I will dive anywhere though this Saturday but the river is closer to me. As long as I get to dive :D

If anyone else is interested then post something or reply in this thread and we'll get something planned.

-Josh

I'm meeing Bill at the lake this Saturday. Have fun at the river. Let us know how it goes. Maybe I can make it next time. BTW, you're certainly welcome to join us.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom