Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay! Lake's fine! You say you're there all day? :) I'm not much of a morning person, but I can get up when there's something worth doing. :) Or - anyone up for a night dive this weekend?

Let me know how long you'll be there and I'll respond next time on the lake thread - just wanted to un-say I'm going to the river and say lake is fine too. :)

c.

As usual, not many takers on river diving.
I can't get enough of it!!!!!!!
It is one of the best secrets in AZ diving.
I've been told more than once that
I should probably not talk so much about it.
Will let you all know how it went.

As usual, not many takers on river diving.
I can't get enough of it!!!!!!!
It is one of the best secrets in AZ diving.
I've been told more than once that
I should probably not talk so much about it.
Will let you all know how it went.

I love diving the river too. It is a good secret though so we should keep it just between a few hundred of our closest friends on SB.:D

Have fun.

Steve.

I would have never thought that the Salt River would be a nice dive spot. I know they've started to clear the waters a bit, but is it clear enough for decent visibility?

Yesterday was Camron's B-day and he wanted to hit the river. So my daughter, Camron and I took 6 tanks and headed out. We met Jo "Murdoch" there too with her family. Very nice folks.
Vis on the high end was 15 to 20 feet, in other areas the fish and divers were stiring it up. we dove for about 4 hours. Saw something weird. Crawdads are usually brown, green and shads of the same. We were seeing jet black crawdads. I have never seen all black ones before.
River flow was about one bucket an hour so hardly any current at all. Water was a chilly 59, but 5 & 7mm took care of that. Max depth 20 feet. Another great day of river diving.

Last edited:
Did you go to Pebble Beach again? I want to get back to the river. I'm taking Janet to Out of Africa next Saturday. Maybe I can make it the next Saturday (15th). Keep me posted if you're going out that weekend. Maybe I can get some of my west side buddies to join us.

Steve.

I'll always let you know when we hit the river.
May be alittle while. I have 3 more specialties to punch out and I need to finish my mom's addition AND work too. Still need to get in one dive day a month to keep the NO divin' blues away :D

We are planing on a trip to the river this month....what is the temp?? How's the vis???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom