Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go on the weekend, go early or late. Drunk tubers can be a pain. (they can also be fun.. ) If you go when a lot of tubers are floating, be careful.

Jeff

I won't be going, unless I can find someone that has done it before to go with. Would be good times! Any takers?

My cousin and I have about 15 dives under our belt, all at Lake Pleasant and La Jolla,CA. Do you think that the salt river would be too advanced for us or...?

Is there a time of year that is better for making this dive or does it just depend on how much water is being released from the dam that day?

I visited in late winter - February I think. Water was frigid, viz alright (until you so much as look at the bottom wrong), and not much "treasure" to be found.

Now that summer is in full swing, I'm sure the viz will suffer (below the surface, anyway), but the treasure will still be around. I'm planning a few weekends up there come July/August - Tucson folk welcome to carpool and willing to meet the Phoenix folk up there as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom