Sailboat Sunk by Whale?....we still have whales?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaboy_mark:
They are now saying it was a rouge wave that tipped the boat
Yup, insurance scam.

After the incidents I've heard about in Catalina a few weekends ago, I suspect it was a competence issue more than a rogue wave or whale. I've twice washed the instruments off the top of my 30 foot mast with no other harm to the boat or crew. All it takes is having a seaworthy boat and the competence to deal with bad weather.

Hell, even just a decent boat with an idiot at the helm should have been OK if it was a wave.

catherine96821:
Are they still out there? I thought they were long gone.
:ignore: I will not respond with some clever comment....i won't....really not....:ignore:

:54:

Originally Posted by Kim
I will not respond with some clever comment....i won't....really not....

So you chose an un-clever one instead? :wink:

OK after reading the article, maybe not a scam but humpbacks in July? MAybe some other kind of whale but humpbacks? I don't think so. Id be willing to bet the coastie is some kid from Kansas or someplace else that does not know whales. Id far more believe a collision with a submerged cargo container than whale though.
Now, see if we were eatting them, we wouldn't have all these problems!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom