Sahara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froggmaann

Reaction score
I cant wait until this movie comes out ive read all of the Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt Books. Hopefuly the wont cheezify it too much.

Although there probabally isnt much diving in the Sahara the character the bookand movie is based on is a marine engineer who works for a org. called NUMA although there isnt much diving in this one there is plenty in all of cusslers other books!

The books came first, and NUMA was started afterward by the author. Cussler worked in a dive shop when he wrote his first book, in fact he mentioned somewhere that he wrote it in the dive shop when it wasn't busy.

Divedoggie:
Yeah, I'm psyched to see it, but I wouldn't have chosen Sahara for a movie. Inca Gold, or Treasure would be my choices.
Yeah i agree mabye Even atlantis found .
do you think they will start making all the newer ones into movies it seems that they are desperate for movie plots these days.

IIRC, the deal that was signed for Sahara was a 4-book deal. I don't know what other books were involved.

I also have read all of his books. I hope that they do not ruin it too much. I did thiink that the main characters seemed quite a bit older in the books. Oh well, I guess that they are trying to appeal to a different demographic than the books. I can not imagine that one could get as much experience as is portrayed and still be "very" young. I guess when you are a fogey like myself, everyone seems young.

DSDO

I think in the first books Dirk Pitt was about 35. He aged as the other books happened - so I don't have too much of a problem at first pass with the actors.

Since the movie for "Raise the Titanic" sucked rocks so much (they really butchered the story, the characters, everything) Cussler swore he would never work with Hollywood again. Apparently what allowed this latest deal to go through was that he retained creative control over some decisions (script, actors, ...?). That, and of course, they probably paid well. :D

it was a lot of fun. I was a little concerned about the actors chosen to be the main characters but the they pulled it off. I was convinced they all were the real characters 15 minutes into the movie. This one is worth seeing on the big screen.

I hope Inca Gold is next!!!!

Hopefully the next one will have some more diving scenes, not too much in Sahara.

Good Diving,

Dave

BTW, I haven't read the last 3 books, has anyone else, and are they any good????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom