Sahara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive buddy and I saw this Saturday night. We weren't at all happy with the casting. But otherwise the movie was entertaining. My buddy thought there was a tad too much slapstick, but liked the movie overall.

I'm sorry, but Matthew is NOT Dirk Pitt at all. Dirk is sophisticated and classy, a senator's son. McConaughey's portrayal isn't, nor do I think he could play sophisticated. Al Giordino is a well built, intelligent, quiet, short and stocky swarthy italian ladies man....gimme a break, the guy who played Al doesn't even come close!!!

Rudy Gunn missed the mark too. Rudy is extremely intelligent and savvy in his own right....the movie played him off as a bumbler. Sandecker was okay played by Macy....but he is more formidable in the books than Macy played him.

I'm an avid Cussler fan and I was disappointed in the casting. But I enjoyed the movie compared to the current schlock Hollyweird is putting out.

Well I Saw the movie at last and i would have to say it was good if you didnt compare the plot to the books. The casting was done at an ok mark i say the best cast character would have to be Al i agree about Rudy being miss played at least they incorperated some of the better jokes. i give it a 1 and half thumbs up.

I saw the movie, but have not read the books. i thought the movie was very good, and very entertaining. i am looking forward to the other movies, and reading the books.

I hope Inca Gold is next!!!!

BTW, I haven't read the last 3 books, has anyone else, and are they any good????[/QUOTE]

I have read the last three books as well as the ones with new characters(Kurt Austin and Joe Zavala)
They are just as good as the old ones. In fact they make you feel like the characters are all your old friends.
One of the "new character" books is called "Serpent" and sets the scenes on the Yucatan. Much of the excitement takes place in Cenotes and around Mayan ruins. Even though its not a Dirk Pitt story, its one of my favorites.

I do think that my Inca Gold and Treasure are still right there at the top!

Back
Top Bottom