!!!Safety Class!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With CPRO, you can add O2 admin. Really makes for a complete class.

Thanks Robert.

Yes, It'll be covered. Plus, I'll add additional information on flow rates for nasal cannula Vs mask, demand valve, etc, the advantages to each and consideration of bottle size and response time of ALS. Also, information from DAN regarding 02 admin when you may be dealing with someone that had an 02 hit (oxy tox) from diving nitrox.

Oh, yeah, EpiPen admin... important when dealing with anaphylaxis...

More information later as time goes on and things are in the final stages of planning.

Any idea as to beginning date? (ballpark figure??) -N

We are meeting this Thursday evening (the 7th), to work out the final details, including dates. We will post complete info after the meeting.

Rick

Wow this is adding up to be a real comprehensive bit of training !

Starting to scare me though, is there any estimate on what the cost for all of this is gonna be? That way I can at least start preparing for it. Or will it be a piecemeal type thing where we can only take what we need/want? While I'm interested in everything then it doesn't matter how good the training is if I can't afford it lol.

Also since I don't really know how this kinda stuff all works, for the Rescue diver portion, what agency is that through and does that mean we would receive new c-cards and now be certified through that agency? Is it difficult to switch to different agencies? Sorry if this seems stupid but I just don't know how it all works

Edit: Rick ya posted just as I was writing :)
Ok I'll wait patiently for the details...

Looking forward to the date(s)!! =D Cannot wait! =D
Also, what will the prerequisite be for the class? AOW card?

I'm looking forward to all of this, but I am on travel quite a bit for a while:

Aug 4-8 Tucson, Virginia
Aug 17-30 Virginia
Sept 7-12 Yuma
Sept 14-20 San Francisco
Sept 25-30 New Mexico

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be able to get into a class soon!

Rick, I need to talk to you (offline?) about that refresher... of course I need to get my gear serviced first so I'll get that started next weekend. Probably going with your recommendation in Malibu.

Cheers,
Paul

I'm looking forward to all of this, but I am on travel quite a bit for a while:

Aug 4-8 Tucson, Virginia
Aug 17-30 Virginia
Sept 7-12 Yuma
Sept 14-20 San Francisco
Sept 25-30 New Mexico

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be able to get into a class soon!

Rick, I need to talk to you (offline?) about that refresher... of course I need to get my gear serviced first so I'll get that started next weekend. Probably going with your recommendation in Malibu.

Cheers,
Paul

Imma quite busy in August as well.

Aug 5-12 Washington State
Aug 15 Wedding
Aug 16 Laguna Beach with some of the BCs.

=D

I am surely interested. Please include me on the dates/schedule. I would love to attend.

Sheesh, i may even meet rickster!

Since I'm not involved in the scheduling, I get to say this without sounding rude:

As great as this class will be, there will be MANY people interested in it. It would be a logistical nightmare to find a schedule that works with everybody involved. I'm sure the organizers will try to make this work for as many people as possible; but please don't be disappointed when the class schedule inevitably cuts a few people out. You should remember that the primary determinants of the schedule will be instructor and pool/classroom availability.

Since I'm not involved in the scheduling, I get to say this without sounding rude:

As great as this class will be, there will be MANY people interested in it. It would be a logistical nightmare to find a schedule that works with everybody involved. I'm sure the organizers will try to make this work for as many people as possible; but please don't be disappointed when the class schedule inevitably cuts a few people out. You should remember that the primary determinants of the schedule will be instructor and pool/classroom availability.

No Carlos, you are not coming off as rude. That is true. There are 2 instructors, The pool is available all the time, and there are a lot of people interested. We have discussed this, and one of the topics at the meeting will be the dates. We are going to have to do at least 2 different classes, maybe 3? You can be sure, the dates will be Sat. or Sun., at least for the CPR/AED and 1st AID classes. These are the ones we are concentrating on right now.

Everyone interested in this class, Please PM me with the Your preference of day, Sat and/or Sun, to do the first classes.

Thanks,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom