!!!Safety Class!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking forward to all of this, but I am on travel quite a bit for a while:

Aug 4-8 Tucson, Virginia
Aug 17-30 Virginia
Sept 7-12 Yuma
Sept 14-20 San Francisco
Sept 25-30 New Mexico

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be able to get into a class soon!

Rick, I need to talk to you (offline?) about that refresher... of course I need to get my gear serviced first so I'll get that started next weekend. Probably going with your recommendation in Malibu.

Cheers,
Paul

PM sent

What's the update so far? Location? Time? What do we need to bring besides ourselves? Hmm...

=D

What's the update so far? Location? Time? What do we need to bring besides ourselves? Hmm...

=D

I can't speak for Rick and his plans with the Safety Class. It is his idea and I think it's a great idea at that!

I can tell you the part I was involved with...

One of the biggest stumbling blocks was finding a suitable location for teaching. Community centers and similar places , charge a fee and I think we'd all like to keep costs to a minimum. Maybe in the future someone could offer their house, if it could accommodate 10-15 people (instructors + students) --don't offer yet--- please keep reading.***

We had tentative dates and Rick was in the process of securing a location when he had surgery.

There are three of us involved in the 1st Aid/CPR class and I don't feel comfortable proceeding with this portion of the Safety Class until Rick is up and running. There is logistical stuff I really need his help with.

If I find out more information, I'll post something... but, until then please be patient.

*** If a place is not found, we'll probably post or PM people asking for help. So, if you are interested in donating your place or have a place (business, guest house, villa, etc.) suitable to teach a class in, that would be great. Please look for future announcements.

If I have written anything incorrect or out of line :shocked2: Rickster is welcome to correct me...

Thanks for the info Kevin. That's basically what I figured what going on but nice to hear for sure
Posted via Mobile Device

Aiight- Thanks for the update! =) I will be keeping an eye on this post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom