Sad to say Curaçao has made the restrictions list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob, We've had 4 VRBO cancellations. They all had 100% refunds, all due to the virus. Double check with them, that doesn't seem right. I did as an owner have to approve the total refund with just a click of an OK. Hope this helps. Sunsh

Mine (owner) does not want to "play nice".... will allow us to move booking, possibly out to July, which we don't have any idea if travel will be possible, nor do we know if we could get a flight, or any other logistics...

I also found it so pleasant that the Trip insurance issuer sent us an email yesterday that the Global Pandemic and Government issued travel bans are not justification for coverage...

Mine (owner) does not want to "play nice".... will allow us to move booking, possibly out to July, which we don't have any idea if travel will be possible, nor do we know if we could get a flight, or any other logistics...

I also found it so pleasant that the Trip insurance issuer sent us an email yesterday that the Global Pandemic and Government issued travel bans are not justification for coverage...
Horrible situation, I can only assume the fall out from these sort of decisions of their part will do them tremendous harm in the long run.

Bob, have you checked with your credit card co.?

Talking with wife to pursue that avenue next...

AirCanada won't even deal with us until further out on the calendar. Our trip is the last of May/first of June...

Hi @rhwestfall

I would have thought that cancelation of your and all other flights would have qualified for your trip insurance, primary reason independent. Hope it ultimately works out better

It all traces back to this pandemic, which are typically excluded from coverage.

The insurance model is about shared risk and the many who have no issues covering the few who unfortunately have issues. It doesn't work when *everyone* has issues and there is no group to offset and absorb the hit.

As for resorts, keep in mind the scale of these cancellations are unprecedented and not everyone has had time to formulate a policy. And things are changing daily so how they felt about it yesterday may be different today. Also keep in mind that for most tourists the money came out of a discretionary budget but for the resorts it is their essential income, and the money may have already been appropriated and/or spent. I can understand that refunds might be difficult if not impossible for them but they should work with you on rescheduling.

It may be a "discretionary budget" that funds things like this, but did that budget include planning for a global pandemic, layoff, and other well beyond normal happenings?

I somewhat doubt anyone but "doomsday peppers" had that one figured in...

Maybe a failing of my readiness protocols....

Back
Top Bottom