SAC Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this has been discussed many, many times. But I'm having a small problem with the correct formula. My math says one thing, but my computer says another. I'm going to throw some numbers out and just see what you folks come up with for an answer. I'll respond later with the answers I get. Thanks

Tank size - 117cf
Starting Pressure = 3371psi
Ending Pressure = 1624psi
Avg. Depth = 53' (ata 2.63)
Time 32 min
FO2 32%

I know this has been discussed many, many times. But I'm having a small problem with the correct formula. My math says one thing, but my computer says another. I'm going to throw some numbers out and just see what you folks come up with for an answer. I'll respond later with the answers I get. Thanks

Tank size - 117cf
Starting Pressure = 3371psi
Ending Pressure = 1624psi
Avg. Depth = 53' (ata 2.63)
Time 32 min
FO2 32%
Nevermind, I see the issue. The two answers I'm getting are one in PSI/min and the other is CF/min

.68CF/min
20.95 PSI/min

Sorry for the drill.

Nevermind, I see the issue. The two answers I'm getting are one in PSI/min and the other is CF/min

.68CF/min
20.95 PSI/min

Sorry for the drill.
Many computers will display in pressure per minute because they’d need you to input the tank size to display in volume.

This is because the AI sensor is only measuring the pressure.

Just curious, does FO2 matter in the calculation? I.e is SAC breathing gas- dependent?

Back
Top Bottom