Sabang: Scandi Divers ft a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The price I have indicated in my previous message is also because I brought my own gear. :wink:

I chose Sea Rider over others because they are in business for a very long time, they have good reviews on Trip Advisors, and because it was the best price in term of fun diving.

However, I know Asia Divers offer great service too (it was highly recommended by @Trailboss123 just few weeks before I go) and I already planned to come back to PG in the next months to get my Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures certificates with them.

I would had suggested Sea Rider few yrs ago but now they are more or less interested on certain national across from HK. I certainly won't want to share a dive with those lot!
BTW, they are far from being in Sabang for a very long time. I can think of plenty.

http://www.captngreggs.com/

I would had suggested Sea Rider few yrs ago but now they are more or less interested on certain national across from HK. I certainly won't want to share a dive with those lot!
BTW, they are far from being in Sabang for a very long time. I can think of plenty.

Capt'n Gregg's – Just another WordPress site

I dove with them for 6 consecutive days and there was a Chinese couple only for 1 day. I was mostly alone, or with on Swiss guy, a Turkish lady, or a Brit and his son.
Moreover, the Chinese couple was quite nice, silent and experienced. Nothing to complain about.

Maybe you got unlucky last time you dove with them...

I dove with them for 6 consecutive days and there was a Chinese couple only for 1 day. I was mostly alone, or with on Swiss guy, a Turkish lady, or a Brit and his son.
Moreover, the Chinese couple was quite nice, silent and experienced. Nothing to complain about.

Maybe you got unlucky last time you dove with them...
I dive a lot around SE Asia and share the sentiment with plenty other divers and local DM.
Perhaps you should count yourself lucky!!!!!!

I can only speak with my own experience and observation.

Actually, in term of diving price, Asia Divers is not cheap either...

When I went to PG last May, I dove with Sea Rider Dive Center and I got a much better price than with most of OPs in town. No complaint on their services, everything was great.

Fun Dive = 1000 PHP = $19
Night Dive = 1200 PHP = $23

We recently dove with `Dive You Go` (our second trip to Sabang in 2019) - they had similar prices - 1000 php for a single tank fun dive with gear.

They had six speed boats at the shop for our am dive.

For Tech: A few guys were diving doubles, and they had some DMs in sidemount.

I really recommend checking this shop out. Thorough, attentive, and professional!

I stayed at El Galleon and dived with Asia Divers my first trip to Puerto Galera 12 1/2 years ago. Since then I've dived with other operators and stayed in other hotels, but I always eat at least a few times at El Galleon during a trip. Best op in the country? That's really saying something :wink: I've dived with some very good ops in the Philippines and there are a few that come to mind that were topnotch, very professional, and every bit as good as Asia Divers (maybe better even :wink: ). But I'd agree they do have a reputation as the best overall in Puerto Galera.

In addition to Atlantis, Mermaids is also more expensive than Asia Divers. I dived one day with Mermaids, only because when I arrived in Sabang, my friend was staying and diving there. Very nice operation, but after we dived that one day I walked my friend around Sabang (we skipped Atlantis because I knew they would be expensive) and EVERY op we asked at was less expensive. In the end we dived with Frontier and my friend saved several hundred pesos a dive.

I've eaten in Toko's, the restaurant at Atlantis and it's quite good, although a bit pricey. I also like Papa Freds and Tamarinds. For pizza I really like Vesuvio's. They've moved to a new place. Walking up the street from the pier (where the boats used to bring us), turn left past the laundry and walk until you see it on the left. Only a couple minutes and the best pizza I've eaten in the Philippines :) Nothing like a traditional pizza made in a brick oven with an ice cold beer at the end of a day of diving :wink:

The best rate I've gotten on diving in Sabang is at Frontier Scuba. I bring my own equipment when I travel and that does help. I usually stay at AAA and pay a 1000 pesos a night. For breakfast I go to Sabang Restaurant for cheap, or to El Galleon for the buffet which is really good :)

I'll be back in Sabang next month right after Christmas for a few days diving to start off my next Philippines trip :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom