S90 + Ikelite housing : First Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the Dyron WAL is on the left, not the right, opposite of what the poster indicated,

:confused: You're right but wasn't it just what I indicated ? (I assumed we all read from left to right so when I said "first pic" I meant the one on the left :wink:)

First pic with the Dyron WA20, second with no WAL, both no zoom, same place

:confused: You're right but wasn't it just what I indicated ? (I assumed we all read from left to right so when I said "first pic" I meant the one on the left :wink:)

You're not the only one confused. Note to self: No posting before coffee! LOL

Sorry, post edited.

Hello

I see this Canon S90 is really popular (lot of post !!) and it's good because it's a really good camera.

A first example of WP-DC35 housing without WA so result in the water arround 37mm
The second one with WA15 lens, no vignetting and a result arround 19mm under water

28bases90.jpg

03x.jpg

Two more pictures with WA20 for the first and WA15 the second one.

S90%205Metres%20Rouge-2_petite.JPG

IMG_0217_petite2.JPG

Merci beaucoup, M. Lacour!

How are you attaching the lens to the Canon housing? Is there an adapter or mount that lets it connect?

Ok, so that, plus this:

Plongimage - Dyron wide angle DY.67WA15

Gives the widest result underwater, of about 19mm?

(Total cost 358€ or approx USD$528 plus shipping)

Do you know what the field of view is (in degrees) for that "19mm"?

I finally got my hands on the Canon housing yesterday (WP-DC35) and was very surprised... it's much nicer than I expected. The controls are excellent, and quite easy to use. It gives very precise control of the camera's functions... more than some Ikelite housings I've used in the past. No back panel control dial, but that we knew, and that's the same with the Ikelite housing anyway. I may not return this after all!

I finally got my hands on the Canon housing yesterday (WP-DC35) and was very surprised... it's much nicer than I expected. The controls are excellent, and quite easy to use. It gives very precise control of the camera's functions... more than some Ikelite housings I've used in the past. No back panel control dial, but that we knew, and that's the same with the Ikelite housing anyway. I may not return this after all!

did you have a chance to see if (or how bad) the shadow from the lens port would be for non-strobe macro shots ? (without the need to zoom)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom