S620Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed, I'm currently using your D420, you are most definitely function over aesthetics lol... how did your decal get like that? Rodents? Certainly that's a less stressful way to be.

I enjoy cleaning my gear by the way, it's zen, it's more about the action than actually cleaning it per se.

Indeed, I'm currently using your D420, you are most definitely function over aesthetics lol... how did your decal get like that? Rodents? Certainly that's a less stressful way to be.
Probably got like that while power drying it, neat a brick wall :wink:

Just curious what you like about the G260 better? I found a good deal on a used set that came with a Mk25 evo, S620Ti, and G260. I’ve been trying to find a difference between the two but so far I haven’t noticed much of a difference. Admittedly I’m very new and don’t have a ton of experience hence curious what you found you liked more.

For the G260, I like the larger case and diaphragm, the cover can be (set up to) be removed without tools, the hard purge button with seat saver ident. But I do have a thing for titanium.

James

The small size and titanium barrel, and titanium jam nut win me over...

But you can only buy them if you come across a great deal.

Just curious what you like about the G260 better?
I wouldn’t say the G260 is “better”. Only the user can define / determine what “better” means.

What I do like about the G260 over the S620Ti, for my diving, is the lack of a separate friction washer for it is part (the blue plastic piece) of the diaphragm cover. The G260 has a metal barrel (in schematics called housing) which holds up well in cold water. For the last 12 years cold water diving in high elevation in mountain lakes was my element with the exception of traveling to the Crater Dome in UT. The barrel in the G260 can switched so the hose comes out the opposite side making it a good second stage for side mount diving.

The S620Ti has a titanium barrel which holds up well in high salinity environments since it is more resistant to the growth / collection of verdigris. The 620 is slightly lighter and several ladies whom I know prefer that.

In sales terms, the G260 is more masculine while the S620Ti is more feminine. At least that is what several of my students and customers have told me.

I wouldn’t say the G260 is “better”. Only the user can define / determine what “better” means.

What I do like about the G260 over the S620Ti, for my diving, is the lack of a separate friction washer for it is part (the blue plastic piece) of the diaphragm cover. The G260 has a metal barrel (in schematics called housing) which holds up well in cold water. For the last 12 years cold water diving in high elevation in mountain lakes was my element with the exception of traveling to the Crater Dome in UT. The barrel in the G260 can switched so the hose comes out the opposite side making it a good second stage for side mount diving.

The S620Ti has a titanium barrel which holds up well in high salinity environments since it is more resistant to the growth / collection of verdigris. The 620 is slightly lighter and several ladies whom I know prefer that.

In sales terms, the G260 is more masculine while the S620Ti is more feminine. At least that is what several of my students and customers have told me.
Then I'll be fine, I've been called effeminate on more than one occasion. In fact several SB members thought I was female. I'm not by the way.

As long as it's black and not pink, I am ok... :wink:

As long as it's black and not pink, I am ok... :wink:
Pink has several advantages, no one will take it. For years I used a pink snorkel for teaching and no one took it, everyone knew it was mine. It eventually broke and I had to get a new one.

In the book Deep Decent, Fatal Depth, or Last Dive, one of those three, a diver had a pink alternate second stage and was teased about it. When someone ran out of gas his first thought was the pink alternate second stage and went to it. There was no teasing after that if I remember correctly. Perhaps someone who has read one of the books recently can confirm which book it was.

Back
Top Bottom