S620Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I really like the redesign and simplification in construction as a breather I wasn’t impressed, not that it doesn’t have excellent performance but it didn’t excel as I expected.

Assuming you're ok with older model and looking for relatively cheap high performing it really is very hard to beat an updated G250.
Yup: the G250 is still a benchmark.

Except I updated five of them and only one was amazing. I also notice some in the field (serviced by shops) that breathe worse than an R-series. If someone wants a well breathing reg, with the G250 and the likes without microadjuster you have to mix and match parts to get a great one. For us DIY reg nerds, that's fun. Basically if you want a G250, buy one from the reg nerds here.

Someone who wants to buy one reg and wants max performance quickly, then having a microadjuster helps save time and ordering parts...

While I really like the redesign and simplification in construction as a breather I wasn’t impressed, not that it doesn’t have excellent performance but it didn’t excel as I expected.
Just to put it in perspective, I'd argue that for most of us the S620ti is as good as it gets in breathing performance, but some conoisseurs can tell a noticeable difference between it and a D420 etc. For me personally, yeah, I notice slight differences between reg models, but in comparisons I forgot what I was breathing from after 20 seconds or so...

And for new people reading this, if you don't adjust your own regs then it is difficult to make useful comparisons such as the one by Buddhasummer and Lexvil (aka reg gurus), that's the level of nuances being discussed here.

I guess the fact that I wasn't expecting much from the C370 but was expecting more out of the S620Ti nave have played into my final assessment.

Just to put it in perspective, I'd argue that for most of us the S620ti is as good as it gets in breathing performance, but some conoisseurs can tell a noticeable difference between it and a D420 etc. For me personally, yeah, I notice slight differences between reg models, but in comparisons I forgot what I was breathing after 20 seconds or so...

And for new people reading this, if you don't adjust your own regs then it is difficult to make useful comparisons such as the one by Buddhasummer and Lexvil (aka reg gurus), that's the level of nuances being discussed here.

By no means a "guru", just bat sh.t crazy OCD with too much time on my hands and the luxury of having access to parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom