S620Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I LIKE the resistance.

Really.

On my AA regs as well as the G260s, I run the adjustment pretty much closed. I don't like feeling air "pushed" to me.

Last trip to Honduras, I actually swapped to an XL4 rather than the G260 halfway through the week. More of a dislike of the SP mouthpiece abrading my gums, but I was just as happy with the XL4s.

OMMOHY
I just got back from Fiji diving with my wife. We usually dive CCR but for this trip we dove open circuit for the first time since 2020. I put together two sets of regs made of a Mk25, g250v primary and apeks seconds. I tuned up all the regs and had the g250v regs breathing really nice and easy.

We started diving and i loved it. My wife hated it. She said the air was blasting out and it made her uncomfortable. I flipped down the venturi and tightened up the adjustment knob until she was happy. I thought it was harder to breathe that way but preferences vary I guess. Go figure!

I wear a CPAP at night so I have no problem with the thing blowing in my mouth :p

I have one and so does my youngest son. So far so good.

The S620Ti actually is a "smooth" breather and doesn't shove air down your throat like some other second stages do.

Fair enough, I guess the experience of flow engineers that SP hired for the C370 and modern regs (so I heard) payed off...

I should add that I adjust my S620ti to ridiculously low cracking effort (I think the manual allows 1" cracking effort, but I go lower), and then I really like them.

The smoothest reg I ever had was one G250 out of five that I restored. I replaced levers and springs, and in one the tolerances aligned magically.

Yes, if it was mine I most certainly would've played with it a lot more and tried various cracking efforts to see if I could "smooth" it out. Like I said it was a sample of one and only one dive. Performance wasn't the issue, it certainly cracked very easily and delivered more than enough air, bubble interference was minimal to the point I didn't really notice it at all but it was the characteristics that bothered me. I do like its design and simplicity though.

I do like its design and simplicity though.
Yeah, in terms of wormanship, quality of parts and simple design it is amazing. And then the titanium, hard to resist. I love it, but as I said before, hard to recommend any reg at that retail price. Gotta hunt for a deal...

Back
Top Bottom