S620Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a servicing point of view it is nice to work on. It is definitely an improvement over the later S-series, as in it is easier to break down, re-assemble, and tune. So far, everyone whom I know that dives the S620Ti really like it.
Exactly, this reg is quickly taken apart, cleaned, and re-tuned. That's because it has a long barrel like the G250, and the adjusting knob is held in by a pin. We wrote about the internals here. I have since replaced the splined jam nut on mine with the titanium nut with flats that is a part from the S620-X-ti, so it can be serviced without special tools in the field.

Breathing wise I would say it is similar to Atomic, but thanks to the adjustable VIVA vane it has a bit stronger venturi when fully opened. Also the adjusting knob has a very wide range for the cracking pressure. I set mine so it leaks fully open and acts as a seat saver, and yet it closes the reg down so tight it can't freeflow when used as a backup and jumping off a boat etc.

Congrats Scubapro, this one is really well done (My first stages are still Atomic T1s though). Hard to recommend such an expensive reg, but I do love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6720.JPG
    IMG_6720.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8735.JPG
    IMG_8735.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
It’s a fine reg and comes with some, as already mentioned, nice improvements over the old S series but unless a great deal is found I would prefer a G260.
Just curious what you like about the G260 better? I found a good deal on a used set that came with a Mk25 evo, S620Ti, and G260. I’ve been trying to find a difference between the two but so far I haven’t noticed much of a difference. Admittedly I’m very new and don’t have a ton of experience hence curious what you found you liked more.

Just curious what you like about the G260 better? I found a good deal on a used set that came with a Mk25 evo, S620Ti, and G260. I’ve been trying to find a difference between the two but so far I haven’t noticed much of a difference. Admittedly I’m very new and don’t have a ton of experience hence curious what you found you liked more.
I'd say the G260 is more robust. But I'll let Lex answer your question.

You can find them much cheaper, breath as well, similar construction plus the 260 is reversible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom