S620Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am not mistaken, pink is also a fluorescent color, so it can take in blue color and reflect pink back. Red would appear black unless red is still present in the spectrum. Did I get this right?

I'm sure you've used an S620Ti, your thoughts appreciated.

Not yet, not yet. Just give me few weeks my friend. I have one on order for one of my former students that should be here in two weeks time. I may order one for myself after I try my friend's unit. I am using a Mk19/G260/S600 combo now but I haven't been diving since end of June. The weather here has been most terrible, July and August are normally flat like mirror but this year has been very strange, always windy from east or north with high seas.

Not yet, not yet. Just give me few weeks my friend. I have one on order for one of my former students that should be here in two weeks time. I may order one for myself after I try my friend's unit. I am using a Mk19/G260/S600 combo now but I haven't been diving since end of June. The weather here has been most terrible, July and August are normally flat like mirror but this year hast been very strange, always windy from east or north with high seas.
Ditto the weather here, we had no summer, it's rained torrentially almost every day since June. Didn't keep me out of the water but the terrible viz has kept me from actually seeing much except my compass. Let's call it 3.2 months of navigation training.

One more picture...

Attachments

• IMG_8811.jpg
    IMG_8811.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 43
I have the Mk19/G260/S620ti as octo. I happen too much prefer the G260. I tried to get my 620ti tuned like my G260 but I wasn't able too. I also have the D420. For ease of breathing my G260 is tuned to the edge so that is the silkiest. Then the D420 and then the 620ti. Both my Atomic ST1's and my M1's breathe slightly better than my 620 as well. My Apeks XTX200 breathes the easiest and the G260 is pretty close to the Apeks. My least favorite is the 620ti...At this point though it is most likely splitting hairs....

I have two, one as my primary and one as my backup. I like how they breathe and have no complaints but I'm sure others here have more technical expertise. These are literally my first regulators since just using rental stuff. A more experienced buddy knows I only go on a couple trips a year and said these might be the last regulators I ever buy based on the diving I'll probably do. So I grabbed a pair and the MK17 Evo since I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

Im sure others have more technical expertise and can elaborate on how different or better it is, but the apeks xl4+ feels like inhaling honey from a straw compared to the s620ti.
But I LIKE the resistance.

Really.

On my AA regs as well as the G260s, I run the adjustment pretty much closed. I don't like feeling air "pushed" to me.

Last trip to Honduras, I actually swapped to an XL4 rather than the G260 halfway through the week. More of a dislike of the SP mouthpiece abrading my gums, but I was just as happy with the XL4s.

OMMOHY

Really.

On my AA regs as well as the G260s, I run the adjustment pretty much closed. I don't like feeling air "pushed" to me.

Last trip to Honduras, I actually swapped to an XL4 rather than the G260 halfway through the week. More of a dislike of the SP mouthpiece abrading my gums, but I was just as happy with the XL4s.

OMMOHY
You should dump those Regs right away, there are many poor breathers on the market to replace them with :wink:

I love air pushers, I can find something here to trade for the 260, I’ll dig up something and detune it to the point it will make your lungs bleed :)

Send me those and I'll send you a regulator that not only doesn't "push" air to you, it may even suck air out of you!!

Really.

OMMOHY
We are all different but I would caution against tuning a regulator so stiff that you have to actually "suck" on it. Over a period of a week of diving that could cause edema. Our lungs are not built for that.

A mouthpiece is somewhat personal but I have found the Aqua Lung style with the bridge to be by far the best for me. Scubapro just introduced as their standard a long bite mouthpiece and it does work well for me also but I prefer the AL type still.

James

Back
Top Bottom