S600T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
I put my hand on this S600T with a yellow cover (marketed as an octopus).
But, when I opened it, I saw that the barrel is in...plastic.
Is it normal? I know the first version of S600 has a plastic barrel and by the look of the cover, mine seems to be a first version also.
I just thought that the T version has a titanium barrel:(
Was I too naive?! :):)

20191207_173028[1].jpg
20191207_173111[1].jpg

A little naive maybe, the early ones do have a plastic barrel with a metal insert for the hose connection which I presume to be titanium. I like the very low weight of the early plastic barrels but the newest with the full ti barrel are pretty close, I have a titanium core.

The cover piece is ti as is the “S” which I have never seen or noticed one like yours with the perforations, those looks nice, and the odd “S”

Care must be taken when tightening the nut on the hose end is pretty much the only concern with one like this.

I would be happy with it, very unusual and cool looking.

Thanks for all these details:)
The hose connection is in steel on this one :wink:
This "unusual" look is maybe due to the fact it is a specific design for a specific place; maybe Japan...

A little naive maybe, the early ones do have a plastic barrel with a metal insert for the hose connection which I presume to be titanium. I like the very low weight of the early plastic barrels but the newest with the full ti barrel are pretty close, I have a titanium core.

The cover piece is ti as is the “S” which I have never seen or noticed one like yours with the perforations, those looks nice, and the odd “S”

Care must be taken when tightening the nut on the hose end is pretty much the only concern with one like this.

I would be happy with it, very unusual and cool looking.

These are a dime a dozen on our auction site, if you want one just say the word. Over here they call them "Splendido"

These are a dime a dozen on our auction site, if you want one just say the word.
I will take 2 dozen, will send 1USD, keep the change.:)

Let me know when you find one or two, I’m in at the right price.

Thanks for all these details:)
The hose connection is in steel on this one :wink:
This "unusual" look is maybe due to the fact it is a specific design for a specific place; maybe Japan...

You are correct, made for the Japanese market.

That looks great but it’s a lot of dimes

Back
Top Bottom