Rules For Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many rules can you think of for diving ...... I'm starting off with 6 basic rules if you think of any more just add them to the list ........ (1) Check gear (2) Find water (3) Jump in (4) Dive down (5) Don't mess with fish that are bigger than you are (6) remember to come up when out of air

I hope you use more rules than that when diving. There are rules about breathing constantly when on scuba, about your rate of ascent, about how long to stay down due to gas loading, etc.

Disregard antiquated rules like putting butter on burns, throwing spilled salt over your shoulder and never wearing your mask up on your head. Must I forget, keep your snorkel wear it does the most good. In a box in your closet.

Serious rule: before you start your dive, take a few breaths through your reg while watching your pressure gauge. If there is a problem with your air, you will see it (trick from my first dive instructor)

Serious rule (but I heard this from my first boat captain in the Keys and his delivery was memorable)
1. If ya don't know what it is... don't touch it :no
2. If ya do know what it is... don't touch it :no
3. If in doubt... don't touch it :no
seeing a pattern here?

Don't agree to pay extra if the boat sinks and you dive it....

and don't forget >>>>>> NEVER DIVE ALONE >>>>>> always take a buddy...... that way if a hungry shark shows up you have a 50/50 chance the buddy will be eaten and you'll get away .
Addendum; Make sure to carry a big knife as one of your cutting tools, so that you can give your buddy a little nick and swim the opposite direction if it seems the shark is heading for you.

Serious rule: before you start your dive, take a few breaths through your reg while watching your pressure gauge. If there is a problem with your air, you will see it (trick from my first dive instructor)
Addendum; Do NOT apply this rule if youre diving cold/ice as it can freeze up your regulator (which ive been told is a bad thing).

If you are like one of us who pees in your wetsuit, never eat asparagus the day before.

This is the best advice yet! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom