rs-460

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melnerah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I'm a repairing procedures enthusiastic, and I spend time repairing regulators that belong some diving centers at my free time. I repaired a rs-460 first stage two weeks ago, the diving center told me that they couldn't decrease the ip pressure from 12 bar, despite of turning counterclockwise the adjusting screww. After opening it, I changed the annual repairing kit, changing the old hp metalic poppet and plastic seat by the new plastic hp poppet and metalic seat. Despite of that, I realized that the diaphragm pin was stocky(bent, sorry for my english, 'm spanish). I repaired the pin and got it to be straight. after mounting everything the first stage was ok. Could you tell me if the high ip was produced because of the pin?, the seat and poppet, apparently, were ok. Another question, I think that this bent pin was produced by a bad maintaining procedure before i took it, can you confirm me that a high ip sn't the bent pin problem?. I expect I have explained it correctly. Thanks.:)

Hello,
Please contact your local TUSA distributor to schedule a repair/service clinic in your area. You will be trained to service all current TUSA equipment.
Answering your question; Yes, a bent Pin will greatly effect the first stage I.P. A damaged or bent Pin must be replaced, it can not be nor should be repaired. It is very important that the Pin travels smootly between the H.P. Diaphragm and H.P. seat. Any drag will greatly hinder the performance of the first stage potentialy causing harm to the user. Again, please contact your local distributor to schedule a repair/service clinic before attemting any repairs.
Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom