2023 HARLOW GIVEAWAY . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a winner:

37 rob.mwpropane

Please drop me a direct message with your address and I'll get it in the post on Monday or Tuesday . . .

Has the result been verified and audited by an independent third party???

🤠

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid message.

Has the result been verified and audited by an independent third party???

🤠
Why, yes, as a matter of fact — by that Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer, which became operable in Urbana, Illinois, back in 1992 . . .

In all honesty I really liked the idea of the library.. but after thinking about it it's 2023. By all rights a digital copy should be made and shared. My plan would either be to attempt to convert to pdf, or send to @BoundForElsewhere so it can be shared to all.

Cheers to all, everyone will win. Library is a great idea.. but digital copies are better if done right.
While it is 2023, digital copies are subject to copyright laws. And is why I suggested the book be lent out. Vance put a lot of effort into the book. His copyright should be respected by the community.

While it is 2023, digital copies are subject to copyright laws. And is why I suggested the book be lent out. Vance put a lot of effort into the book. His copyright should be respected by the community.

I am 99% sure that this is the same copy that has been passed around these halls for years. Sure, publically let's all stand the moral high ground... but privately it'll still be be given away.

I've had a few people send me their copies since I won, lol.

If Vance ever starts selling the book again we can all make a donation... until then if you don't want a copy, don't download it.

No offense meant at all.... this is just reality. Have a great day!!

I am 99% sure that this is the same copy that has been passed around these halls for years. Sure, publically let's all stand the moral high ground... but privately it'll still be be given away.

I've had a few people send me their copies since I won, lol.

If Vance ever starts selling the book again we can all make a donation... until then if you don't want a copy, don't download it.

No offense meant at all.... this is just reality. Have a great day!!
The concept of Intellectual property has truly lost favor, in the internet age; but copyrights generally last the life of the author, plus seventy years -- so whether Vance is just enjoying a very long surface interval; or whether he is no longer even among us, that 1999-2001 copyright is still valid, and enforceable by law — and I don’t know whether I’d really wish to tick off the author of, say, the Oxygen Hacker's Companion . . .

Nana-na booboo😜🤭😛😛🤭
A big congrats to Rob....I think! I was pretty sure he underbid and I was going to win by default...or am I mixing up my games again?

And yeah, I'm with @-JD-, the cold water thing is kind of a hard sell, especially when I'm typing this from Belize!

No offense meant at all.... this is just reality.
As both an author and photographer, offense is taken. Fortunately I have legal council who make good money from those who ignore intellectual property rights ... that is just reality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom