Royal Spring access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is the physical access at Royal? I’ve got a day on my FL trip that’s up in the air. I’m looking for a place I could solo if it came to that. Gimpy knees mean I have a cart for my tanks. I’d probably bring a pair of my LP50s for this.

Safe to leave my cart at the top of the stairs while I dive or would someone take it?

Thanks!

The parking is only across a small picnic area away from the basin. The stairs go to some some blocky ledges that you can gear up at in very shallow water. Not sure id leave stuff out during the dive though, it’s a common area for non divers to hang out…

Dove it once. Made friends with some picnic folks. Asked if they would keep an eye out. No problems. Smarter people than me stay out of that cave. So did I

Dove it once. Made friends with some picnic folks. Asked if they would keep an eye out. No problems. Smarter people than me stay out of that cave. So did I

I'm intro to cave, but I don't plan on going into that cave. Pretty silty from what I read. I get enough silt up here in the Midwest.

Marie - what’s your experience been so far with leaving your equipment on a park bench? :wink:

There is a giant stride from a deck that is close to the parking lot for entry.
There are stairs to exit and a short walk back to the parking lot.
It is a nice little basin, I have spent too much time in it.
It is free to park and use.
It has port-o-jons.
One is handicapped if you need to change clothes, it has some room.

I think you would be better off leaving your gear in the water....then stow your cart. Or lock it to the fence.

As far as the giant stride goes...thats a little high for me lol.

How is the physical access at Royal? I’ve got a day on my FL trip that’s up in the air. I’m looking for a place I could solo if it came to that. . . .
If you're going to be cave diving most of the trip, what's your interest splashing around in Royal?

I ask because there's no shortage of non-diving activities in the area. Last trip I took an afternoon off from the diving and did a 2-hour kayak paddle on the Ichetucknee river, something I had long been meaning to make time to do. The wildlife viewing was amazing, not to mention what a beautiful, peaceful river that is--or at least the stretch of it within Ichetucknee State Park.

Have a day when I may not have a buddy. Many of the people I know who are going doing down are either going the week after Christmas or they are CCR Trimix full cave DPV balls to the walls guys. Those folks aren’t even options for buddies. ROTFL. :D Kayaking doesn’t interest me. I might just end up taking a day off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom