Royal Spring access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you do not want to be soloing Royal unless you are very experienced. Mine diving does not even remotely qualify you to be inside of that cave. There is no reason to go in there unless you are taking someone else's body out of there.
If you want to solo in that area as a new cave diver, use the ramp at Little River, join the NSS-CDS and dive downstream Cow, or pay the price and dive Ginnie. Royal shouldn't even be on your radar at this point.
COW requirements are NOW full cave... no matter upstream or downstream :(

I have the choice of either Troy with the one buddy and now cave buddies that have presented themselves so doesn’t look like I’ll be going to Royal at all.
I'll be down the weekend of NYE, primarily diving cave, but if you need a buddy on fri/sat/sun drop me a line. And if not.. I HIGHLY suggest Little River, was a favorite of mine when I was cavern. IF you have a cavern card Peacock is also a great cavern dive.

I'll be down the weekend of NYE, primarily diving cave, but if you need a buddy on fri/sat/sun drop me a line. And if not.. I HIGHLY suggest Little River, was a favorite of mine when I was cavern. IF you have a cavern card Peacock is also a great cavern dive.
I’m intro level. Will be leaving town the 27th, though. Thanks for the offer.

LR is a bit of a short dive for intro level divers.

The option you mentioned of simply taking a day off in the middle of your trip is what I would do. Why splash around in yet another spring basin after you have just done four days of intro-level cave diving and then will do three more days? I'm sure Royal is pretty (I've never been there), but it's not like you won't have seen a catfish otherwise.

LR is a bit of a short dive for intro level divers.
isn't that the point?? :) I LOVED it for Cavern, I sort of hated it after getting to Cave1 just was not a lot of return on investment at that level. However, was only place I could think of that could be solo even if just doing the cavern.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom