Royal Spring access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been to Royal because the descriptions I've read have sounded a lot like what you wrote, but I've been to Troy many times, mostly to practice skills in that 70-ft bowl. A nice little dive, with the remains of a Civil War-era paddlewheeler in the spring run.

Troy is a state park so solo is a no go.

Troy is a state park so solo is a no go.
Ah, I picked that up from your earlier post and then forgot.

Still, you might be able to find a buddy right here on SB.

Ah, I picked that up from your earlier post and then forgot.

Still, you might be able to find a buddy right here on SB.

Think I’m probably going to take a day off. Don’t want to push it with my sciatica even though I’ve had very good results from massages the last few months. I’ll have four days of diving before and three after. And two days driving on either side of it. I’ll be stopping in Nashville both ways.

To those suggesting Troy.

No go for solo diving. Also, it's still browned out afaik.
It was clear two weeks ago. Did the river come back up?

A diver off another forum I belong to was posting about his diving within the past several days and said he had been at Royal. Conditions were OK. He offered himself as a buddy if I want to do Troy.

you do not want to be soloing Royal unless you are very experienced. Mine diving does not even remotely qualify you to be inside of that cave. There is no reason to go in there unless you are taking someone else's body out of there.
If you want to solo in that area as a new cave diver, use the ramp at Little River, join the NSS-CDS and dive downstream Cow, or pay the price and dive Ginnie. Royal shouldn't even be on your radar at this point.

you do not want to be soloing Royal unless you are very experienced. Mine diving does not even remotely qualify you to be inside of that cave. There is no reason to go in there unless you are taking someone else's body out of there.
If you want to solo in that area as a new cave diver, use the ramp at Little River, join the NSS-CDS and dive downstream Cow, or pay the price and dive Ginnie. Royal shouldn't even be on your radar at this point.
It was going to be in the basin, not in the cave.

How is the physical access at Royal? I’ve got a day on my FL trip that’s up in the air. I’m looking for a place I could solo if it came to that. Gimpy knees mean I have a cart for my tanks. I’d probably bring a pair of my LP50s for this.

Safe to leave my cart at the top of the stairs while I dive or would someone take it?

Thanks!
What is your free day? Personally a dive at Royal will never be on my must do list... heard many a capable divers say it just isn't worth it. Little River would be a good choice if you want to solo and you can definitely cart right down to the water... I'd chain the cart or put it back in the vehicle no matter where you dive.

What is your free day? Personally a dive at Royal will never be on my must do list... heard many a capable divers say it just isn't worth it. Little River would be a good choice if you want to solo and you can definitely cart right down to the water... I'd chain the cart or put it back in the vehicle no matter where you dive.
I have the choice of either Troy with the one buddy and now cave buddies that have presented themselves so doesn’t look like I’ll be going to Royal at all.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom