Routing an SPG along the shoulder webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No ... he routes those along the sides of his backplate these days ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LOL..What he hates putting in front?

Anywhere...but there. :wink:

You know, we have a lovely method for asking these questions these days, if you want to hear from the people who put the current DIR configuration together. You can ask the question on the GUE forums.

Although I suspect the answer is that checking the gauge from the hip position isn't a problem, once you have practiced (and Pete, it's interesting -- I have a ton of arthritis in my hands and dive in very cold water, but although I found checking my gauge around other bottles difficult at first, it has definitely become easier with time), and that putting it on the harness gets it in the way of and possibly confused with bottle SPGs, I don't know that for a fact. Dale, if you don't want to ask your question in the GUE forum, I'd be happy to do it for you.

You know, we have a lovely method for asking these questions these days, if you want to hear from the people who put the current DIR configuration together. You can ask the question on the GUE forums.
The OP wasn't asking for the current DIR/GUE config.

But thanks for coming out.

and why are you pimping their forum anyways?

LOL..What he hates putting in front?

Anywhere...but there. :wink:

The way I see it, after I get a few thousand hours inside a cave I'll probably have a pretty fair idea of what works for me too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The way I see it, after I get a few thousand hours inside a cave I'll probably have a pretty fair idea of what works for me too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it....just kinda tweaked the funny bone.

Thanks Lynne. You said forums, is there more than one? If it's not to big a bother I would appreciate a link.
Don't mind Jeff, it's what happens when we arm kitty cats and mix bennies with their kibble.

Don't mind Jeff, it's what happens when we arm kitty cats and mix bennies with their kibble.

I do mind.

I think it is insulting to all of SB that contribute. Kinda like your poke at me.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it....just kinda tweaked the funny bone.

I understand ... frozen funny bones are like that ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I do mind.

I think it is insulting to all of SB that contribute. Kinda like your poke at me.

Suggesting a link is insulting to all SB members??? Weird but I see it done every day. Go to the vintage section and see how many times VDH is thrown out there. I did also ask what the early DIR opinion/experience would have been. Considering that half the people posting here don't even want to consider the idea considering such a thing an insult is pretty funny - much the same way that you would take offense from a light hearted poke (I thought you, most of all, would have a thicker skin). Sorry if I caused offense.

Anyways, don't want to get into a catfight, gotta go to work.

The OP specifically mentioned JJ in a couple of his posts, as being someone whose input he'd like to have. That's why I mentioned the GUE forums, because people post there who don't post here. I don't send people to other forums, unless the information they want or the people they want to talk to aren't generally available on ScubaBoard.

The GUE forums are at Global Underwater Explorers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom