Closed Rough G250s any interest ?

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As per title. And I do mean rough, treated very badly. I'd give them 2/10.

Chrome corroded off, cases look like they really were dragged behind a truck for 24miles. Adj knobs look like they've been chewed by a pack of wolves.

If anyone was interested I'd service and update them to S-wing. They won't look pretty but will function as they should.

They wouldn't be as cheap as there appearance might suggest given cost of parts.

Likely around ¥9500 ($75) each, maybe a fraction less depends, plus shipping.

Match them with a crusty first stage and you've the perfect get bashed about a boat on a liveaboard and not cry travel set.

Feel free to DM or post here with any interest. I'm not going to build them unless someone's interested, otherwise I'll use them for parts which does seem bit of waste given nothing is actually broken, just ugly as hell.

Photos for your amusement:

View attachment 724831
Gotta give props to whomever designed the sticker. Those things always look nearly new despite what the reg goes through. Only three things can survive a nuclear disaster: cockroaches, twinkies, and Scubapro stickers.

How much would the ugly ones be serviced and shipped to the states?

How much would the ugly ones be serviced and shipped to the states?
Red one was sold and blue one withdrawn as per my post above as I don't yet have the parts to update it.

When I do it'll be ¥9500 ($75) plus shipping. I'll get parts sometime in the next couple of weeks. Shipping to the US expedited tracked but not insured is a flat rate ¥2750 ($22).

For now this classified has been closed, sorry. Thank you.

Blue one is off the market. I had to basically replace all internal components on the red one, lever, spring, orifice, exhaust valve plus of course the S-wing poppet. In the red.

Lesson learnt:

Don't sell regs before you've serviced them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom