Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see on the web site the Rolock90, Rolock2, and Rolock3 systems. Looks like the 90s install on a drysuit that already has the cuff side SiTech piece permanently installed. Can anyone explain what the Rolock2 and Rolock3 entail? What am I missing?

I have to say, just watching the video of these, I really like how they twist on as oppose to being pushed on. Seems like they would be harder to get pulled off under water. Can anyone tell me if when you twist them on, do they "click" or "lock" in place? Where it would take a little effort to twist them off. I see that as a good thing if so.

Thanks,
Rob

I see on the web site the Rolock90, Rolock2, and Rolock3 systems. Looks like the 90s install on a drysuit that already has the cuff side SiTech piece permanently installed. Can anyone explain what the Rolock2 and Rolock3 entail? What am I missing?

I have to say, just watching the video of these, I really like how they twist on as oppose to being pushed on. Seems like they would be harder to get pulled off under water. Can anyone tell me if when you twist them on, do they "click" or "lock" in place? Where it would take a little effort to twist them off. I see that as a good thing if so.

Thanks,
Rob
Zef can explain which is which, the 90 fits the same permanent PU base that the oval rings snap into, it replaces that oval seal holder, the others work on the bigger round SiTech rings and one fits something else like latex seals.

I was just looking at the Seaskin site because I saw reference to it in the thread as a Rolock retailer and because I absolutely need a custom fit drysuit. Has anyone ordered a suit from them? And if so, I assume if you add the Rolock90 system they automatically put the appropriate PU base on the suit that would work with that glove system? Or am I assuming too much? Also, and a little off topic, will they install the DIY neck ring system on your custom suit as well?

One of my motivations when looking at the zip seals and DUI suits is ongoing cost. For the cost of a neck and two wrist zip seals, I can buy three sets of other brands.

Thanks,
Rob

I was just looking at the Seaskin site because I saw reference to it in the thread as a Rolock retailer and because I absolutely need a custom fit drysuit. Has anyone ordered a suit from them? And if so, I assume if you add the Rolock90 system they automatically put the appropriate PU base on the suit that would work with that glove system? Or am I assuming too much? Also, and a little off topic, will they install the DIY neck ring system on your custom suit as well?

One of my motivations when looking at the zip seals and DUI suits is ongoing cost. For the cost of a neck and two wrist zip seals, I can buy three sets of other brands.

Thanks,
Rob
Just add the SiTech oval QCS and Rolock 90 with the suit or spec it out for oval silicone seals and you can pop those out and put the Rolock 90 right back in. The SiTech quick neck is also one of the options with the suit, I have both the trilam and the neoprene Seaskin suits, both with the SiTech QCS rings and the quick neck.

The Rolock doesn’t click in but there is a hard stop, Watch the videos at the beginning of this thread.

I have yet to have the opportunity to thoroughly mount and test the Rolock 90 set I was sent (particularly in the water), so I am not yet fully endorsing the product beyond stating it seems to be made from quality material and looks to be easy to mount gloves on, and easy to use.

Rolock 1, Rolock 2, and Rolock 3 are all the same basic system, but come with a different glove retention ring sized specifically for different type gloves. This system was designed to be mounted on glued latex seals

The Rolock 1 model comes with light blue glove retention rings which are sized specifically for use with size medium SHOWA/Atlas model 490 gloves with attached insulating liner, or similar glove.

The Rolock 2 model comes with black glove retention rings which are sized specifically for use with size large and extra large SHOWA/Atlas model 490 gloves with attached insulating liner, or similar glove.

The Rolock 3 model comes with red glove retention rings which are sized for use with gloves with a removable under-glove or gloves such as the SHOWA/Atlas 495 gloves with their removable yellow acrylic under glove, or the SHOWA 720 glove that does not come with an under-glove.

****************************************************************************************************
Note: The insulating liner mentioned above is not the thin flocked liner of the glove but a thicker insulating layer (usually yellow) that is glued into the glove. Google images of the SHOWA 490 and 495 model gloves to understand what is being referred to.

Also...it is common to only see Rolock 3 listed on web stores as divers seem to be leaning to using gloves they can use a separate under-glove/liner with.
****************************************************************************************************

The Rolock 90 is specifically designed for integration with the PU ring of the Si-Tech QCS oval system. It can be purchased as a complete kit with the dryglove system and PU rings, or the system without the PU rings if one already has them in their suit.

The Rolock 90 comes with a pair of dark blue and a pair of black glove retention rings. The dark blue retention rings are for use with gloves with removable under-gloves/no under-gloves (SHOWA 495, 720, etc.) and the black ring is for use with gloves with an attached insulating liner (SHOWA 490).

@RobPNW, Seaskin has received positive reviews on ScubaBoard for quality and value for price. Still, I would not "assume" anything and would reach out to them by whatever means available to you to check if they will automatically install the PU rings if you order a suit with the Rolock 90 system.

If you have any other questions about the system, don't hesitate to ask.

-Z

Zef can explain which is which, the 90 fits the same permanent PU base that the oval rings snap into, it replaces that oval seal holder, the others work on the bigger round SiTech rings and one fits something else like latex seals.

I covered most of this in my last response but forgot to address the area quoted above in bold.

The Rolock standard system (Rolock 1, 2, and 3) is not designed to fit with the bigger/larger diameter Si-Tech Quick Cuff (QC) round system.....though they CAN be fitted to that system with some modifications to the Si-Tech QC PU rings that are glued into the cuff of the suit. The following is a video by @divezonescuba that explains and shows how to do the mod to accept the Rolock standard system:

-Z

More dives yesterday, this is to, so far, best and easiest to use dryglove system yet!
This is a bit blurry, it was dark still but an added bonus is the ability to leave the gloves on while suiting up, they easily operate that I leave them on until I have the suit on and just before putting my arm in a quick twist and they are off. Putting them on after being completely geared up is a snap, for me the ultimas have slipped into second place, maybe a distant second.
67C42651-804E-4C14-9ECA-0FD799AC87E9.jpeg

How long does Seaskin take to process and ship these out? I have not received any shipping information or any updates.
Just the rolock or a suit?

they aren’t the best at notifications on small orders, I usually het the small stuff sent via post and get it in 10 days or so.

How long does Seaskin take to process and ship these out? I have not received any shipping information or any updates.

Yeah, they usually don't supply shipping info unless you ask. I've only ever ordered small orders, and if I want to know I have to ask. ~ 10 days as @lexvil said

Back
Top Bottom