Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vablackwater:
Lemon or lime with those coronas?
I like lime, but if you come by and want lemon, I'll have a cold one waiting for you. BTW, I alway's have JB playing when I'm in the Tub...

Are you in the Lynchburg area near 29? We have a number of clients in that region and I travel in the 29/460/81 areas frequently...

Drewski:
Hi All:

I'll be up for diving every May through October weekend in 2007, as long as I'm in town, using charters from Dive Quarters, Lynnhaven or OBX Dive. I live in Virginia Beach, less than 20 minutes from the docks. I'll can also car pool down to Nags Head and Hatteras for anyone who wants some NC wreck diving. I have pretty extensive experience on all the offshore wrecks around Virginia Beach, except the stuff that was "discovered" or sank since 1992.

I also have a passion for beach wreck diving, both locally and in the OBX. I previously worked a beach wreck in Norfolk that looked "interesting" in terms of historic value and has yielded some nice artifacts. The site is actually 2 wrecks, a 1960s era fishing vessel on top of what I believe to be an 18th century sailing vessel. The last time I dived this wreck was 1992, but because of it's location it has remained undisturbed. I'll post some pics shortly so readers will know I'm not talking BS. :eyebrow:

I also like working the "debris fields" of offshore wrecks. If one knows the orientation of how a vessel sank, there is usually an "arrow" of debris that leads to the wreck. Wire dragged wrecks, such as the Santorie, also have significant debris fields off the wreck site, many of which are never visited by divers. I like doing dives where we can hook into an edge of a wreck, run a line real out a significant distance, followed by swimming a long arc to "catch" obstructions away from the main wreckage. This technique can put you on interesting stuff that many people have never seen. For example, has anyone ever seen the lifeboat that was about 150 yards off the Santorie wreck?

Admittedly, I'm getting back into diving after a long absence, but I'm planning on spinning up pretty quickly. I've been doing new gear training all fall and will continue some "training" dives into the winter and early spring. I used to do deep air (130 to 200 FSW) with stage deco because we didn't have EAN, but with the development of tech stuff I'll be doing the IANTD courses through OBX Dive in the Spring if anyone's up to it. BTW, I like diving with people of ALL levels of training and experience in ALL types of environments. You don't need to be "super certified" and whatever "philosophy" you may have is up to you. Regardless of what you think, I'll respect it. Just don't bore me... :wink:

I'm also planning on a boat purchase sometime in 2008 or 2009, because by that time I'll probably be over the charter boats. I live in a roomy house, have a 9 FT Brunswick pool table and an 8 person hot tub on the patio. Out-of-towners will always be welcome, as long as you're polite. Corona is my favorite brew and I keep a well-stocked bar. Besides the hot tub, my garage is my favorite hang-out.

PM me for contact info... Let's GO diving!

I may have just found my next Hubbie :10: :10: :10:

Gloucester, VA here. I've been diving since 85 or so, mainly in the VA Beach area but have also done Guam/Saipan and some other Pacific sites. Until this past summer, I was out of diving for a couple of years but have made up for it. Weekends are pretty much free and I'm always willing to dive.

Cool looks as if some local (to me Va. Beach)divers out there. I will definatly be looking to buddy up. I have the bad distinction of always getting stuck with someone diving an alum 80 on air to our wrecks at 100+ fsw. I dont mind being with all types of divers but I hate to call my dive when my buddy is OOA.I usually get them back to the line & stay down for a few minutes, but my wife (who dives) does NOT like me to do it. I am getting into doubles now so I will be redundant & will make her feel better.

RAD Diver:
I have the bad distinction of always getting stuck with someone diving an alum 80 on air to our wrecks at 100+ fsw. I dont mind being with all types of divers but I hate to call my dive when my buddy is OOA. I am getting into doubles now so I will be redundant & will make her feel better.
Hey Rad:

I dive LP 121 singles, HP 130 singles and LP 121s doubled. I'll be EAN certified by May. My stages are 80s. Lets go diving!

Mrs.Prages:
I may have just found my next Hubbie :10: :10: :10:
So, I'm thinking you still have one now? :eyebrow:

Harford County, Md (about 30 miles NE of Baltimore). Mostly dive Coz and Hawaii, but also MD/DE shore and Guppy Gulch Quarry in Delta PA.

George,

Howdy always nice to meet a diver from my local area!!!

Good to see you joining our ranks here in Mid-Atlantic Bottom feeders.

John

Drewski:
...and LP 121s doubled...
Those are some beasts. I have two at home that I'll probably double up soon. Either those or the HP119's. Haven't made up my mind yet.

As for me, I live in Columbia, MD. I dive year-round. Usually millbrook, but in the winter we head to bainbridge because it is one of the few quarries open year-round on the weekends. They have a little hut to get out of the elements in the winter (not heated, but still nice).

I am generally working on skills and stuff when diving the quarries because it adds some fun to the otherwise boring landscape of the murky depths... and, as Doc said, keeps you on your toes for the "shizzle" dives. Since I am addicted to being underwater, I have no problems with it.

EDIT: Oh yea, and every other week at aquarium. Nice weather there :)

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom