Rochester Area Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RowingMunkeyCU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for the best place to get my open water certification in the Rochester area. There seem to be only two dive shops I've found online (Aquatic Center of Rochester, Pisces School of Dive). :confused:

I'm relatively new to the forums here, so let me give you a little background on myself. I'm 23 and was actually certified back in 7th or 8th grade (full open water cert), but due to financial constraints and my family moving, I wasn't able to continue beyond my initial open water certification dives. With that said, since it has been so long, I feel it is in order to go through the full training again, now that I've graduated college, living on my own and have a bit of money again. :)

I would recommend Discover Diving. They are in Depew but well worth the travel!! Tavi is one of their instructors. I've met most of them and they are all GREAT! Check out www.ddwny.com Darryl or Dallas will get you going. (Also their prices are better)

Another :thumb: for Discover Diving.

and not just because I'm one of their Instructors :wink:

When my wife and son started their training, We checked out the local Rochester area shops. There were 4 of them. We didn't like any of them. We checked out Discover diving and really liked the staff, and they saved us a lot of $$ compared to the closer shops, even if you added in what it cost for Gas to get there. It's well worth the trip.

If I can help answer any of your questions feel free to PM me

Thanks guys for the advice, I'm definitely going to check them out. I really like the idea of combining nitrox in with open water for only another $100. :)

I paid over $200 for mine....

Discover Diving FTW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom