Rob Murphy Loses Legs to Boater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the story with bleach bottles and boats?

Boaters often mark things they (or other boaters, if they're feeling civic-minded) want to avoid, like rocks that may be just below the surface and therefor not visible, by tying a white plastic bottle of some sort to said rock. (Technically may not be entirely legal in many jurisdictions, but accepted practice in most since it's meant to be helpful.)

Rob is at home now. Amazing!

For the full story, visit Spearboard Spearfishing Community - Powered by vBulletin Florida East Coast. There are many threads about this PLUS posts from Rob, his dad, his mom, and his sister.

Nothing has been said (nor will it be, I'm sure, until after this whole mess is over) about any litigation.

Here's a link to the main thread: Bad Accident - Please pray for Headhunter561 (Rob Murphy)! - Page 38 - Spearboard Spearfishing Community

I got to meet Rob this past Saturday at the Blue Wild and was impressed on MANY levels. He not only has a strong will to live, but to dive again. I was infected by his outlook, as I suffered a debilitating partial tear in my Achilles Tendon right before I met him. WOW.

We also had a meeting with FWC at the show, and he was a big part of it. I have invited him to become a part of ScubaBoard as well, and I am sure we will see his bright shining personality here soon!

FWIW, I have set up www.DiveFlagAwareness.com to point to our new Dive Flag Awareness Forum under our Basic Scuba Discussions, and I have created the Dive Flag Awareness group on Facebook

After just a little over a day on Face Book the Dive Flag Awareness Group is at 400 peeps! Way cool!

It's been six weeks and no charges have been filed (that have been publicized at least).

Thanks, I'm sure the authorities are trying to figure out a way to make it all disapear quietly. After all the boat WAS a prominent member of the community.

I did go over to the spear fishing board and seen that Rob is doing good. So that is great news.

George.

I'm sure the authorities are trying to figure out a way to make it all disapear quietly.
George.

That's one theory. Another theory is there was actually a mechanical issue that caused the vessel to suddenly veer off its original course which would make this simply a truly tragic accident.

There's not always someone to blame for everything that goes wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom