Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking about a trip to Roatan next year, CoCo view or Fantasy island? Or does anyone have any other favourites? Was really looking st CCV but it's their Saturday to Saturday policy that makes it hard. I can fly direct from Montreal only on Mondays !

For the money, service, food, and diving, we loved Turquoise Bay Resort. They will run Buy One, second guest is 50% off specials frequently. We will go again next year. Only been once, so I can't comment on the others. TBR is a smaller resort with beautiful grounds, a great beach, and clean comfortable rooms with good AC. Subway Watersports was everything you could ask for in a dive op. Boats were the nicest I have been on anywhere.

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

Have not yet been, but I am booked into Media Luna at the end of November. Quite stoked.

We booked through a regular travel agent, $1,299 CAD AI, then booked the dive package with the dive shop, $320 USD for 10 boat dives + unlimited shore dives.

Don't go to Fantasy Island unless you're easily satisfied, the place has been failing for years. Currently going thru yet another remodeling, the last time my friends were there - about 5 years ago - they had no hot water and they saw their new AC unit in the parking lot as they were leaving. There's a recent trip report here that indicates it was much the same earlier this summer.

Also there's something about the currents there that make their shore dive murkier than Cocoview's oart of the time.

We like Barefoot Cay but it's a definite step up from CCV in both price and luxury. Npt an AI either but they have a good restaurant, a good dive operation and are 5mins. by boat from Mary's Place. When we dove with them, our 2nd dive was the Prince Albert at CCV - we didn't even ask for it. The lofts over the dive shop looked very nice and are more affordable - it's ust that you have to take their 30sec. water taxi over to the Cay for the pool, restaurant, spa, beach etc. No real shore dive there either - there's a barrier reef a short way out and the DM said the lagoon it creates is only about 20' deep.

Anthony's Key on the north side could be another option - they may still be running the BOGO this year. Turquoise Bay looked nice from the water but it's all boat diving from there due to the way it's situated if that matters to you.

Media Luna looks nice but it's pretty far east so more isolated. The nearest civilization near any of the south side resorts is probably French Harbour and there's not much there. Depends on how much you like to stay on the property - we like to explore locally so chose to stay in the West End.

We have booked a condo in West End on the beach. 6 of us total. 2 divers. Haven't been to Roatan before. Flights for us from calgary are thru Houston. 2 weeks. Counting the days. Hahaha.

Great time of year to visit. Might see you there! Who are you diving with?
Have fun!

Great time of year to visit. Might see you there! Who are you diving with?
Have fun!
Jan 15 to 30th. Not sure what dive shops yet. Reading some other posts tells me that if we want variety that it might be easier to change shops then to ask them to go further then they like to. Will decide that when we are there. If you are headed there the same time and are staying near us then yes let's do some diving together.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom