Roatan Vacation Plane Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a new video from the today show

Plane crash rescue

From the video - Looks like they were flying close to West Bay when one of the engines went out, the pilot Mr. Brown immediately tried to put the plane down on the water, the plane flipped forward at some point of the landing, a local named Kunny and some others jumped in immediately from the local parasailing operation, then the Utila Agressor II came on scene and helped with the medical treatment.

Andy Atkins looks to be a diver, you can see what looks like a dive computer on his wrist, maybe he will find this thread and comment.

Let's hope he doesn't hear about the submarine tour.

This brought that to my mind as well. I've always by skeptical about the homemade submarine.

"This reaffirms my faith in humanity"....and destroys my faith in experimental aircraft. Rocky Mountain High going through my head now.

The big problem I have with the submarine is that there is just one. If anything happens there is no way for anybody to come help you. Other than that, if I could get over that part of it, I'd love to take her down to 2000 ft to see it.

Stanley's? Looks like fun. Probably as safe as taking a boat to Utila without life vests... :eyebrow:

[vimeo]34800552[/vimeo]​

Stanley's? Looks like fun. Probably as safe as taking a boat to Utila without life vests... :eyebrow:

[vimeo]34800552[/vimeo]

Don, is that the same homemade sub that Brady Barr took down to 1700' to look for Six Gill sharks? Looks like it.. no fookin' way for me. I'd do the plane but that sub kinda gives me the heebiejeebies! I figure I might have a chance if I fell from the sky...

but I think you're having a hard time understanding that Roatan is part of Honduras and not the United States.
Yet word on the street/Road is that this business was not currently legal by Honduran laws and regulations.

Yet word on the street/Road is that this business was not currently legal by Honduran laws and regulations.

On what particular day was that in Honduras?

Heck, I'd likely go up in a plane knowing it was experimental......I doubt I would take my son up though knowing that.

Post a snapshot of your widow.

If I wasn't such a crippled-up tub-o-guts I would'a flown in it.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least to find that is true, it's Honduras not the United States. Imagine how many businesses skirt legal requirements everyday all over the world. Ever ask a dive boat captain for his license, or ask to count the life jackets? The more you dig the more you aren't going to like the answers to. Lots of assumptions are made by all of us everyday.

Don, is that the same homemade sub that Brady Barr took down to 1700' to look for Six Gill sharks? Looks like it.. no fookin' way for me. I'd do the plane but that sub kinda gives me the heebiejeebies! I figure I might have a chance if I fell from the sky...

Everybody knows in a plane crash all you have to do is jump out just before it hits the ground (or water)

That sub gives me the willys too. Whenever I watch a video from it, I just imagine getting stuck somehow at 2000 feet and dying a slow death running out of oxygen, sitting there waiting for the death to come with nothing you can do about it freaks me out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom