Roatan - North Side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

Looking to go to Roatan in mid-May.

We were looking at Reef House, but it's on the southside and I understand that the better diving is on the northside.

Can someone recommend a resort (we want the package) who has the same/similar prices as Reef House. OR, does anyone know if Reef House makes the boat trips out to the northside and about how long does it take?

The reef house does all its diving on the south side but the diving is outstanding and some of the best on the entire island. There is only one other small resort that far east so the dive sites are pristine. They also do Morat Wall which is considered my many to be one of the best in the entire region. They have a wall dive right in front of the resort that is terrific especially for a night dive. Calvin's Crack is very close by and one of the most popular dive sites on the island.
There are dozens of north side dive centers but most are much further west. There are a couple mid island but they are relatively expensive and diving is not really their specialty.

I'm with NCChuck on this... you're starting out with a shaky premise.

The Reef House is a unique experience in the Caribbean and these places are disappearing fast. You might look for "similar prices" elsewhere, but you'll likely not replicate the experience.

RHR Images: http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd106/Doc_Adelman/Reef House Resort Roatan/

Last edited:
Reef House has some of the best reef and wall diving it has been my pleasure to experience. As stated, they are farther east then all of the other resorts, which gives them the ability to go to reefs that nobody else goes to.

The package includes three boat dives a day at three different locations. We stayed there for two weeks and never did the same dive twice with the exception of the house reef-shore dive right out in front of the resort.

Great reefs, lots of small critters, good food, flat screen TV's all in a small "old style" resort. For my money it's hard to beat.

Not better... Just different! The diving on the south side is excellent with lots of coral and cool small fish/criters (I've been there)... And the concensus on the North side is deeper reefs with more large fish, and less of the lush reefs and cool small critters...

Whats best for you depends on what you prefer!

Hi,

I understand that the better diving is on the northside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom