SeaGrape Plantation - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That may be how it works for individuals but we didn't write names on a board. We were all doing at least 14 dives and most of us 15 dives, every dive, Sun-Thurs. A few did a Friday morning dive then we did an island tour. So the shop just assumed two boats for us every day, every time. There weren't too many individuals there and they filled in the spaces. But November is low season, it might be different in high season.

Plus we were all on nitrox so we analyzed the tank at the tank room and carried our own tanks to the boat. Which also meant we were there 15-30 minutes before departure time. The nitrox log was essentially our sign up sheet.

Nitrox or Air. Writing your name reserved your spot on the boat and they made sure an appropriate tank was waiting for you on the boat.
Sounds like ? No opportunity to analyse your own tank before use?

Sounds like ? No opportunity to analyse your own tank before use?
They had an analyzer on the boat.

Reactions: Doc
That may be how it works for individuals but we didn't write names on a board. We were all doing at least 14 dives and most of us 15 dives, every dive, Sun-Thurs. A few did a Friday morning dive then we did an island tour. So the shop just assumed two boats for us every day, every time. There weren't too many individuals there and they filled in the spaces. But November is low season, it might be different in high season.

Plus we were all on nitrox so we analyzed the tank at the tank room and carried our own tanks to the boat. Which also meant we were there 15-30 minutes before departure time. The nitrox log was essentially our sign up sheet.
I reserved Nitrox as well. I hope that doesn't mean I'll be dragging tanks. But like you said, you guys pretty much had exclusive access to everything, so your experience is different. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

I reserved Nitrox as well. I hope that doesn't mean I'll be dragging tanks. But like you said, you guys pretty much had exclusive access to everything, so your experience is different. I appreciate you sharing your experience.
I'm sure the DMs would have taken our tanks to the boat and were helping the ladies but the grown-ass men were not waiting around for the DM when we can easily carry a tank on the way to the boat. The day I can't carry my tank 50 feet to a boat is the day I hang up the fins. I did leave it on the boat on the return, though.

I'm sure the DMs would have taken our tanks to the boat and were helping the ladies but the grown-ass men were not waiting around for the DM when we can easily carry a tank on the way to the boat. The day I can't carry my tank 50 feet to a boat is the day I hang up the fins. I did leave it on the boat on the return, though.
50ft isn't bad at all.

Is Roatan good for macro photography on boat dives?

Yes it is. I predominantly go macro when diving Roatan. One of my favorite subjects are cryptic teardrop crabs. Plenty of great macro subjects.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Tiny Lined Sole~2.jpg
    Tiny Lined Sole~2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Tiny Ornate Elysia Nudibranch.jpg
    Tiny Ornate Elysia Nudibranch.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 37
Ok cool, I will definitely be packing my camera then.

Back
Top Bottom