RMO's 5th annual Meet, Eat, Dive and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wow, seems like yesterday when we started this forum, but it has been a lot longer than that!

This year, we will once again do two of these events, one in Denver at Aurora, and one down at the BH even if we just had a rather large get together in Santa Rosa! :D

This is a starter post.

Denver Area
------------
My thought is that we should plan this around the first or second weekend in June at Aurora Res.

I need thoughts on the date! Once we decide on the date, I'll write over this thread, or start another.

Santa Rosa
-----------
I'm thinking fall on this one, or maybe late summer. We have plenty of time to plan this, but heck, I'll throw it out there now.

Other Areas?
-------------
I know there is participation in UT, and other states on this forum. Just because I don't live, or am not real familiar with dive spots in these areas does not mean other can't plan event on this forum. In fact, that is a major part of how these forums came into existence! So if you have a group of SB'ers in your area, please, feel free to post your dive plans in RMO!

So whatdayaallthink?

The first or end of the month works best for me. I'll be at Lake Powell over the 13-14, and the local dive club has dives planned for 20-21 at Turquoise Lake/Twin Lakes this year. If anyone is interested in the Turquoise Lake trip, let me know.

I'm out of town June 17-23 (Dayton, Ohio), and August 20-27 (Curacao). But if the meetup dates are when I'm around, we'll try to attend.

June 5th is a SingleDivers.com happy hour down in Fountain CO with Pup aka Justascubacowboy playing and that Saturday June 6th is our Habitat for Humanity dedication

June 7th is wide open as is the 2nd weekend (13-14).

Anybody interested in a Road Trip to California this summer??? I think we RMO's need to do it since we all have the cold water experience anyhow. :D

Some of you can fly out of DIA if you want and we can work out rides from airport to boat. Those driving from ABQ can take tanks and weights for those flying.

I am looking at calling Capt Tim of the Great Escape and checking on availability on the Aug 1-2nd trips he has on his schedule. Saturday, Aug 1st the boat is set to go to Santa Barbara Island (sea lions galore!) and Sunday, Aug 2nd is Catalina (fantastic kelp forests). If any of you are interested, let me know!
There are other boats I can check into, also. We are a bit partial to Great Escape though as we have used them several times and have had a great time. The boat is big and crew is A+. We have heard great things about the other boats but have never used them (Sand Dollar, Bottom Scratcher, Magician).

Those of you that attended the March get-together know me and Ron now. :):D:popcorn:

robin:D

Robin,

I also think the Great Escape is a good boat (roomy, good food, nice crew) and would like to do a road trip. Unfortunatly, summer gets busy and Aug 1st is my annerversary, so I have to pass this time. If you try one later in the year, count me in. I would probaby drive since I am a cheapskate.

Robin,

I also think the Great Escape is a good boat (roomy, good food, nice crew) and would like to do a road trip. Unfortunatly, summer gets busy and Aug 1st is my annerversary, so I have to pass this time. If you try one later in the year, count me in. I would probaby drive since I am a cheapskate.

we're not locked in on dates right now....... just throwing some out there. We did this trip with GE two years ago, Santa Barbara and Catalina and LOVED it. The sea lions were hysterical and fun, then the kelp diving at Catalina was perfect with clear water and sunny skies. :D
My videos of the trip are here:
[vimeo]1032963[/vimeo]

and
[vimeo]1033208[/vimeo]

and

[vimeo]1032895[/vimeo]

other videos of Great Escape and Calif diving are here: California, Channel Islands on Vimeo

I just recently purchased an HD camcorder...... so this years videos should be a bit better!

robin:D

Rubbing it in are you? Nice videos - that water look really clear!

If you set a date, I will try my best to make it. My schedule is flaky enough that I don't want you to try to accomodate me. If it works out I can drive and can haul tanks and lead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom