RIP Steve Irwin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
one of my heros got killed in a diving accident by a stingray... steve irwin... rest in peace, mate...

r14036_34134.jpg

rest in peace... :(:(:(:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

Jag

crikey mate!

Not really my hero, but it's always a shame when someone who does mean well ends up in trouble for their efforts.

A conservation warrior and one who really cared RIP

Nope, sorry chaps.

Any prat who dangles a virtual newborn, your own or anyone else's in front of a large pissed-off reptile with pointy teeth gets little sympathy from me.

Sorry for his family though.

So sombering...I myself have petted rays, messed with barracudas and sharks, taunted Morays...we gotta remember that these are wild animals and we are their guests.

On a side note...were his his wife and kids there? I hope not...but maybe it would be better that way.

I'm planning on goin to australia for a dive trip and planned to go to the zoo his family runs. I was hoping of maybe running into him. RIP a man who was sent here to care for animals above and below the water.

Back
Top Bottom