WPB Rpt Aug 14 - YEP,,Goliaths are here early

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dove exactly straight out the WPB inlet today with Bill Walker charters and Autumn/Juliane as crew. Several on board wanted to see the Goliath's on the Ana Cecilia wreck and the rest of us dropped in behind it to look for lobster and lionfish. Seas were 1-2's, bottom temps still 69°, current 1knt, but top side was ripping again, Viz 30-40 ft. Pulled my own flag so I could be pulled along underwater and not kick so much. It helped me limit on bugs easily by covering more reef.

2nd dive as soon as I dropped to the reef, a bull comes charging at me for zero reason whatsoever, so he got butt slapped - which he didn't like. He must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed and didn't like the freezing weather, but don't blame me for it being cold. Those right on the wreck said it was about 20 GG's and even probably more out on the sand. I saw one inside a big concrete pipe and could hear them Booming. It was a fun day & thanks again to Walker's Charters!!

Dove exactly straight out the WPB inlet today with Bill Walker charters and Autumn/Juliane as crew. Several on board wanted to see the Goliath's on the Ana Cecilia wreck and the rest of us dropped in behind it to look for lobster and lionfish. Seas were 1-2's, bottom temps still 69°, current 1knt, but top side was ripping again, Viz 30-40 ft. Pulled my own flag so I could be pulled along underwater and not kick so much. It helped me limit on bugs easily by covering more reef.

2nd dive as soon as I dropped to the reef, a bull comes charging at me for zero reason whatsoever, so he got butt slapped - which he didn't like. He must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed and didn't like the freezing weather, but don't blame me for it being cold. Those right on the wreck said it was about 20 GG's and even probably more out on the sand. I saw one inside a big concrete pipe and could hear them Booming. It was a fun day & thanks again to Walker's Charters!!
C'mon man.. the pictures! We need the pictures!!

Just got back from diving in Pompano. Bottom temps were around 82, even on some of the deeper wrecks. Wow, crazy stuff!

C'mon man.. the pictures! We need the pictures!!
Remember I carry a "Point & Shoot",,,,,,, I just have to on the boat to get the picture holding the fish, LOL!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom