Richelieu Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Richelieu Rock a couple days ago for 2 dives with rough surface condition (~ 1.5m waves) but underwater was clear & calm. It's too bad there weren't as much fish as that of Koh Tachai & Koh Bon.

I was in Richelieu Rock a couple days ago for 2 dives with rough surface condition (~ 1.5m waves) but underwater was clear & calm. It's too bad there weren't as much fish as that of Koh Tachai & Koh Bon.
Daaaamn, where'd all the glassfish go? I'm going there again in ten days; hope they come back by then...

Daaaamn, where'd all the glassfish go? I'm going there again in ten days; hope they come back by then...
Don't worry, they are still there. I'm just tired to see them all over Similan dive sites and tried to keep the video short (< 3 minutes). :wink:

We tried to go back to Richelieu Rock again this morning from Koh Surin (left Surin Bay around 5am), but after seeing white cap sea, we turned around and sailed back to Surin, hoping to see Tiger shark in Torrila Reef, but no luck there either. Just saw banded sea krait.

We saw a pair of Harlequin Shrimps having starfish limp for meal in one of Richelieu Rock crevices. I couldn't get a good video of them because my camera rig was just too big to fit in the hole. You may see a snapshot of them, below (also in the video, posted above). I was tempted to remove my GoPro out of the rig and stuck it into the hole, but there were 3-4 other photographers already lined up behind me to take the same picture, so I let them have a go to it. So, next time you are there, keep eyes on the pair. Hopefully they are still there.

13GX010783p.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom