RI Day 1 Trip Report and Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Another great day of diving at Ft. Wetherill. Visibility was mostly good. Present were: Myself, Mrs. Rax, KingKong Matt, Msilvia, Shellbird, and Mike. Olga was holding down the fort while we were diving.

Saw tons of fish, flounder, starfish, kelp, rocks, a couple of lobsters.

Did one dive, then had a bbq, with a second dive around 4pm. Mrs. Rax, myself, and KKMatt got outside of the cove and found some very interesting rock formations... lots of cracks and crevices to explore...

KKMatt set the flag down to play with an extremely large starfish and before he knew it, the flag was on it's way to sea. Lisa was having some ear problems at the same time, so we ending up having a marathon surface swim from outside the cove... I knew it was right around high tide and the currents wouldn't be too bad, and they weren't... otherwise we would have stayed in the cove.

Here's some pictures

sounds like a great time overall. Pictures looked great. What kind of camera was used?

KKMatt set the flag down to play with an extremely large starfish and before he knew it, the flag was on it's way to sea.

Sounds like my trip with MSilvia a few weeks back while night diving. Perhaps the two flags will meet up and live happily ever after

Looks like a good time was had by all:thumb:
You got to put bigger rocks on those flags :)
Rick L

Sounds like it was a great time! I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but my keys got confiscated sometime thursday night and I didn't see them again until this morning! :)

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
That sounds like an interesting story.

Oh... much more than just one story. It was a controlled and planned 5 day bender basically. The only really unplanned thing was the damn skunk... My dive computer still smells!

Thanks Rax for posting the picture of my butt, couldn't get one of my face. I swear, since joining the boards I have been trying to get a picture of me to post and this is the best I get? No more mac salad for you!!!

Anyway, the first dive of the day was awesome for me. MSILVIA chaperoned this newbie around and we saw huge Stripers, some Butterfish, all kinds of fish we didn't know and I saw a tropical yellow and blue fish that definitely did not belong off the coast of RI! I also saw this huge school of silver-headed fish on my snorkel back to shore! Was truly the best dive I've had yet as far as sea life seen. Also was able to go sans hood and gloves which was a nice change. The water was nice and warm for these parts.

I went home for a Sunday shallow, short, solo dive in fresh water, it was dark and spooky, didn't last long but got the salt out of my gear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom