RI Day 1 Trip Report and Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird once bubbled...
Thanks Rax for posting the picture of my butt, couldn't get one of my face. I swear, since joining the boards I have been trying to get a picture of me to post and this is the best I get? No more mac salad for you!!!

Anyway, the first dive of the day was awesome for me. MSILVIA chaperoned this newbie around and we saw huge Stripers, some Butterfish, all kinds of fish we didn't know and I saw a tropical yellow and blue fish that definitely did not belong off the coast of RI! I also saw this huge school of silver-headed fish on my snorkel back to shore! Was truly the best dive I've had yet as far as sea life seen. Also was able to go sans hood and gloves which was a nice change. The water was nice and warm for these parts.

I went home for a Sunday shallow, short, solo dive in fresh water, it was dark and spooky, didn't last long but got the salt out of my gear!

okokok.... that was all I had.... but I did find this picture of Shellbird :wink:

Can you feel the love?

raxafarian once bubbled...
there's another one of you getting into the water.... Msilvia next to you, Olga on the beach.

I didn't recognize myself...
Don't get too mad at me for the above pic:D

I am a big Calvin and Hobbes fan...

On our second dive, Mike and I saw a juvenile tropical fish too. I'm not sure, but I think it's some kind of butterfly fish. I'll let you know if I get a solid identification. It was very cool to see it there!

I was getting the feeling you guys didn't believe me!

Was it yellow and blue? Little, in the kelp? Shallow - 10 - 15 ft.

It was mostly white, with some yellow and blue. We saw it in the vegetation at about 30 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom