Revo or Optima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You must be new here. People hated the Optima for a very long time. It was openly mocked and people said it would never be considered a technical rebreather. Lamar was still a legend 10 years ago also but his rebreather in the beginning was a joke to most.

Lamar had massive hurdles to overcome and it was overcoming those hurdles that put him in his current market share. It had zero to do with his legend status and everything to do with listening to his divers say what they needed in a rebreather. I was there for it. I remember the transitions. I was vocal in the limitations. Lamar is killing it because he was willing to listen and innovate and improve that piece of crap from 15 years ago to the awesome unit we have today. And it’s always been those bold moves that make Lamar legend, not the other way around.
From what I read, you pointed out that Lamar has improved the Optima considerably from that piece of [crap] from 15 year ago to the awesome unit we have today.

I believe that getting away from Hammerhead was difficult for him, and the beginning of the great Optimas. I have friends who sat on the boat with their broken Rev. D’s. More than once. It was expensive to sit on the boat. To use my doubles as well...
That’s also when Jon B pioneered the packable scrubber. Those two changes catapulted the optima into the limelight.

You would be wrong — sorta
2 of those sensors are helium sensors that never need to be replaced.
I thought it had 5 sensors (my mistake), didn't know the Helium ones didn't need replacing. I may have to search for personal information since a contributor on this site doesn't want to elaborate on the brand name he endorses.

I knew it had 5 sensors, didn't know the Helium ones didn't need replacing. I may have to search for personal information since a contributor on this site doesn't want to elaborate on the brand name he endorses.
It has 6 sensors if you count the two helium. So
Much for what you thought you knew :)

If you are already an OC tech diver, take the Choptima for a spin before you pull the trigger on a back mount.

Good advice. I'm doing a try dive on the back mount this Sunday and I think they will also have the choptima there too. So may get that opportunity...we'll see.

Good advice. I'm doing a try dive on the back mount this Sunday and I think they will also have the choptima there too. So may get that opportunity...we'll see.
What is the price in Australia for a CCR try dive, and what depths are they taking you to?

Back
Top Bottom