rEvo DSV o-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_v

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Howdy folks,

The standard rEvo DSV rebuilt kit is $13 for 6 o-rings. That's a bit much, don't you think?

Has anyone measured the o-rings and tried the alternatives not supplied with the standard kit? If so, what's the experience?

Thank you!

It is indeed much cheaper if you do it yourself. Years ago, I bought the o-rings in bulk and made up kits for all my buddies.

Howdy folks,

The standard rEvo DSV rebuilt kit is $13 for 6 o-rings. That's a bit much, don't you think?

Has anyone measured the o-rings and tried the alternatives not supplied with the standard kit? If so, what's the experience?

Thank you!
Get the divesoft dsv instead. No o rings at all. Easy as all heck to service. And the nerd holder doesn’t slide around.

Get the divesoft dsv instead. No o rings at all. Easy as all heck to service. And the nerd holder doesn’t slide around.
I played around with a Divesoft DSV and see the benefits. However, I don't mind the stock rEvo DSV. It works well when properly maintained. Moreover, I am funemployed now, so spending extra $300+ to save $13 is not the math I'll enjoy...

I played around with a Divesoft DSV and see the benefits. However, I don't mind the stock rEvo DSV. It works well when properly maintained. Moreover, I am funemployed now, so spending extra $300+ to save $13 is not the math I'll enjoy...
Fair points. I got so frustrated with the rEvo one not holding a negative after servicing it I had to move on. After using three kits to get it to finally work I was done.

I just got the kit, leave everything in the bag it comes in.
To try and build my own I would end up spending way too much time tracking down the right O-rings and spend even more buying them in bulk and shipping then just buying the set and sticking them in the save a dive kit. Which reminds me, I need to make a separate rebreather save a dive kit. I already have the drysuit kit. That way the rebreather special stuff stays separate from the generic save a dive stuff.

the o rings for the DSV are 2-1.5mm x 27mm, 1- 1.5mm x 30mm and the little one is 1mm x 6mm

Back
Top Bottom